What's new

Let's say you just won the lottery.

First off, I'd win Lotto 649 since lotteries in Canada are not subject to income tax. :tongue:

Then I would build the most beautiful, green/enviro log cabin/house on a bluff overlooking Lake Superior, with a separate spa/shave den that SWMBO would not enter because her own private spa would be even more inviting to her.

A private dock with boathouse for my canoes and kayaks would be connected to the acreage via a custom elevator as well as the external stairs.

This is in addition, of course, to the new houses in the Highlands and Provence. :wink:

OH OH OH

1. Some 7 day custom made sets or a really nice vintage one, pref. german with lots-'n-lots of gold. I would probably commission one from Livi and one from Dovo, and one from TI just to be safe.

2. All the really high end brushes, like shavemac. Maybe a set of varying sizes and types of bristles. Like a large, medium and small of silver tip, super and best.

3. Custom-made bathroom with huge sink with waterfall tap, and a built in heater for the lather bowl. The bowl might be commissioned from a custom outfit, so I can get it in stainless and with a regulated heater.

4. LOTS of creams and soap. Here I'm gonna put just everything.

5. A person to hone my razors, just the way I like them. Maybe Lynn or that guy Livi... :D

I'd get an HD laser-scanned then an ultimate version CNC-drilled out of a solid block of the steel they make Sinn watches (& German Nuclear Submarines) out of, including the hardening process. I'd have the knurling in ivory ceramic, bonded to the metal with some subtle gold inlay and get a matching brush made. Then I'd find someone to make me around 50 thick, sheffield steel curved blades that fit into it, that are effectively tiny straights, for the sharpest and smoothest shave possible. I'd have them sent off to a homemeister every time they needed it and never have to buy a blade again. Then I'd find the best pipe shop in the world and spend around £20k getting a stunning briar collection together.

I'd quit my job. Then I wouldn't have to worry about being late 'cause I spent too much time shaving. :biggrin:

I wouldn't worry over such trivial things, my live in barber would handle all those details, and if I'm not pleased, she will be replaced.

Yup. She'd use the straights from the 7 day set of Damascus Steel by Master Livi (no gold for me thanks, real ivory and rare hardwoods here) and EO only sandalwood soap from TGQ. No more worries about traveling with shave gear, either.

Oh...and a Vincent Black Lightning. But that should go without saying.

As far as shaving stuff is concerned, maybe some more soaps and creams, and maybe another brush or two. I already have a few razors (1 Merkuer 23C, 2 Gillette SS's, 2 Gillette SS Red Tips).

However, I would have to get a new place to live, since I'd need a suitable area for my walk in humidor, and another for my wine cellar. The hand crafted bar, fully stocked, is a given.

I'd buy a cabinet, a hardwater filter, and two of every collectible vintage razor so I can use one and collect one. A few more brushes, maybe some vintage... every cologne out there...

Definately a good water softener system....

I'd redesign, and have custom-built, if necessary, a shaving sink, something along the lines of those old antique shaving stands (I've been thinking about purchasing one, actually). The sink would be around the height of my chest, so I wouldn't have to bend over to wet the face. The shaving surface/sink area would be like a half-moon or kidney-shaped design with a large, well-lit mirror. Overall, its purpose would be to make the mechanics of shaving a little easier, with no stooping or bending or leaning in to see what I was doing; just a comfortable standing position.

A good towel steamer cabinet would be nice, too.

Don

Top Bottom