What's new

Let's be honest guys!

Well I used to buy the Schick Excel, about $10.00 for the razor and 2 cartridges, never bought the refills. That would last me a month as I don't shave every day.
On my first salvo of wet shaving I've spent about $200.00, and the ongoing cost will be the creams, blades, after shaves.

Probably won't save any!

I've been saving money since I started. I only own 1 soap, 1 brush, 1 aftershave, 1 DE razor and 1 straight (Dovo Shavette). I have a fixed-blade straight razor that I haven't used yet because I don't have my own sharpening stones. Once I acquire those and another straight, I will eventually sell my Shavette and probably never acquire more straights. Unlike many people, I just don't like having extra crap lying around.

Who actually saves money wet shaving?
i don't see it saving me money cause I
want to try so many different products. Lol

I am honestly shaving money. I use one razor, one brand of blade at the moment(Personna lab blue), one brush, Arko shave soap. generic witch hazel and Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling ASB. One blade = one week.

I do save money on the blades. Been using the Gillette Excelsior for a long time. But, I lose money on the AS, Cremes and other related stuff. But I smell nice and am clean shaven. So I got that going for me.

I experimented for the first couple months with a few different razors and soaps til I figured out what I like. Now I have one razor, two brushes (only use one anymore) and two soaps. Aftershaves? I do get crazy with those and alternate between 3 or 4 of the cheap classics. I use Gillette Silver Blues.

I save money and love my simple set-up. :thumbup1:

I actually think I will be saving money very soon. I have sold off all of my razors (some for great profit) except for my Kronos S2. I use one soap and aftershave at a time. I have 2 brushes, but will be selling one soon. I'm also stocked for blades for years, which I got on sale. Done!

I think many traditional wet shavers save money, even here on B&B. It's just that the hoarders / collectors are often more outspoken, skewing the image.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm sure the hoarders will save money . . . eventually.

As far as collecting, that's really a different animal, somewhat like discussing the economy of driving a classic car.

Personally, I like the variety of software for wet shaving and the various brushes available. I happy with my current razor line-up, the razors I want to add is a slant and the Rockwell.

I'm saving money because i'm mindful of my budget limitations and I do not over do it.

Not yet! I envisaged the initial investment as just that, an investment in my skin and it's well being. I've collected a few creams and soaps, tried a few blades and am slowly settling on a few firm favourites. Once that has happened, I can see me saving heaps of cash as I can buy blades by the 100. I've been tracking my expenditure on equipment, and working out an average cost per shave based on my purchases....I'm currently sitting at £5.72 per shave :laugh: The more I shave, the more I enjoy it, the more I want to try new things...vicious circle indeed.

Top Bottom