What's new

Le Grand Chypre

I agree that the scent is weird/unusual and may not be for everyone. There is definitely a floral component, but it is not at all sweet. The only comparison I can think of that illustrates how the scent of this soap differs from any other soap I've used is the difference between a food that is savory and one that is sweet. This is definitely a savory scent, filled with umami (or at least it would be if it were a food). It has grown on me the more that I've used it, but I was a bit weirded out initially. Also, the scent of the lather on your face is very different from how it smells when you open the tub and take a whiff -- it's a bit mellower and with rounder edges -- so don't be too quick to judge.
The performance of the soap is really good -- slick and cushion-ey. I've got sensitive skin that usually only allows me a single WTG pass, but I'm able to go XTG with this soap with no irritation or nicks. This is my first B&M product (but definitely not my last!), so I can't compare performance with their white label soaps.

-S

B&M makes great products. I have several samples and 2 full tubs of the soap, a few samples of their A/S and a full bottle of this particular scent. It is an art what Will does to make these scents, and having the guts to try something different and outside the box. This scent has grown on me as well the more I use it the more I like it. At first it was too floral sweet, but it is quite nice once it dries down. Same thing goes for the Cologne Russe.

Top Bottom