What's new

Lambda Athena

How do you keep track of the waiting list? Do you log in with the account password, or do you get a new one?
I'm asking because according to Theo, I've been added to the list, but I've neither received a confirmation email nor can I get on said list.
When I was on the waitlist, I didn’t receive anything until the razors were available. Then I received a password to access the waitlist and order my Athena.

When I was on the waitlist, I didn’t receive anything until the razors were available. Then I received a password to access the waitlist and order my Athena.
Got it, that explains why I don't have any notifications.
When I bought the bronze version, I didn't have to sign up because there were a few in stock and I ordered directly. Now though, I'll wait for a razor made of a different metal.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
For my second heritage Athena, I just asked Theo in advance to keep the serial number 23-019, as my birthday is 5/19 and he isn't up to 500 a year yet. He reserved that number for me out of his first batch that year. I wasn't actually on a waiting list. He's very accommodating. There isn't a lot of communication in between batches, if you will... As was mentioned, no notifications until your razor is available... but great communication before your order is ready.... and Theo was in communication with me when my razor got held up in the Black Hole of various postal systems around the world. He was able to get it moving after an initial stall.

I'm hoping we see his razor stands soon. I was tempted to buy the Ares listed on BST with the Wolfman WRA2 stand. If you look up the list prices for those two items, you'll be pleased with the price. But I'm going to hold off.... even though I have a WRA2 and it's quite something. Alas, I'm saving up the funds to complete my Vintage Razor family, so I'll have to pass on the Ares.

For my second heritage Athena, I just asked Theo in advance to keep the serial number 23-019, as my birthday is 5/19 and he isn't up to 500 a year yet. He reserved that number for me out of his first batch that year. I wasn't actually on a waiting list. He's very accommodating. There isn't a lot of communication in between batches, if you will... As was mentioned, no notifications until your razor is available... but great communication before your order is ready.... and Theo was in communication with me when my razor got held up in the Black Hole of various postal systems around the world. He was able to get it moving after an initial stall.

I'm hoping we see his razor stands soon. I was tempted to buy the Ares listed on BST with the Wolfman WRA2 stand. If you look up the list prices for those two items, you'll be pleased with the price. But I'm going to hold off.... even though I have a WRA2 and it's quite something. Alas, I'm saving up the funds to complete my Vintage Razor family, so I'll have to pass on the Ares.
Yes, there is no communication at the moment. It's been two days since I asked a few questions and still no response. But what I was interested in I found here in the forum.

My two cents. They were very reliable when I used them on multiple occasions ordering razors and DE blades. Dispatched the goods the same day. Got what I ordered in a few (2-3) workdays. The webshop has also a physical shop where you can actually go and inspect what you see online ... but of course only for those that are close to its location, which is Slovenia (not Slovakia). More precise it's located in Slovenian coastal town Koper which is a town very close to Trieste Italy, which is located just acros the border a few km away. Based on my webpurchases on their webpage I have only positive experience with them.
Has any one received their razor ?

Has any one received their razor ?

As mentioned I use the webpage. I was very precise in my wording. The shop is a store located in a Slovenian city, of which webshop is its web side of business. I have the luxury to be situated not so far from it to go there directly in person and make some noise at the counter and file a complaint if web purchasing process would be seriously defunct in some way, but not so close to the store, for webpurchase not to be a better option.
But as I said I had nothing but positive experience with the webstore side till now and did not feel the need to go there in person. Actually I ordered a razor 10 days ago (intended as a gift which was already given) and it arrived as usual for me in 2 workdays. And I repeat, I speak only from my experience, which were positive, but other than that I give no guarantee of anything to anyone. The original question was regarding experience with the users of the webstore, which I am, and experinece of which I have given.

Last edited:
After a few shaves I thought I'd update my "First Impressions" review which I posted in another thread. Most of what I wrote stands, the Athena is a masterwork in form and function and exudes quality. I still believe the Athena is a two or three-pass razor, but unlike my experience with the Blackbird, or even the Game Changer 0.84, it delivers a BBS with almost no irritation. I'm still a relative newb to wet shaving, but when I read the words of @Mr. Shavington I tend to believe he's right, you simply won't do better. More than just efficiency and comfort, the Athena's beauty lends an air of elegance to my morning ablutions. Until it's dethroned, it's my daily driver.

Attachments

• Lambda Athena.jpg
    Lambda Athena.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Lambda boxed.jpg
    Lambda boxed.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 16
I saw in several places in the thread that some participants in the discussion want a steel version, but I can't get it because it is not available on the manufacturer's site.
Here, it says there are 4 units of Lambda Athena SS available.

Making an important clarification that I have not used the services of this site and do not know how reliable it is.
I've ordered one of it at 4/21, it shipped 4/29 with post of Slovenia and arrived at the warehouse of my chosen package forwarding service in Germany at 5/3. It'll need another week for it to deliver to me at Taiwan.

Today I did a festive shave with church themed scent with predominant notes of smoky incense.

Because I often see mention of the angle at which the Athena should be most effective and specifically the steep one where the clipping noise is loudest.
I found this position easily, but I'm not sure it's the most efficient angle. In my opinion, the shallower angle is really quieter, but I don't think that means less efficiency. In fact, the shallow angle, 35 degrees, which the designer has indicated is most effective, cuts the hairs most correctly.
I know there is no right or wrong here if it works, but purely physically the shallow angle should make cutting easier. The very fact that when we use the razor at a shallow angle, the life of the blade is significantly extended is telling.
An example of this is sland razors, especially supersland, where, to the number of approximately five shaves with one blade, at least 2-3 more are added.
Either way, the shaver has a wide useful angle that provides a great shave and the experience itself is the real pleasure.

Hello everyone, happy Cinco de Mayo, though it is not celebrated over here.

Now that everyone got an Athena and is happy with it, I would like to point out that the Ares shaves even better! :thumbsup:
BETTER? I wouldn't say better, I would say different. I believe the Ares is a bit more efficient than the Athena but both are extremely comfortable. The Ares works better with more stubble due to its OC design. I have also found that the Ares is best at a neutral or shallow angle whereas the Athena can be great at multiple angles from shallow to steep. Both razors are superb and deserve a spot at the top of the razor class. Whichever one you get, or in my case-i got both, you will be very happy with the results. Lambda has turned into a Razor Powerhouse.

The author of this video claims that Lambda Athena is as aggressive as Rex Ambassador at 4 or even 5 setting.
I haven't tried an ambassador, but I have tried a Rex envoy, which according to the specs, should be equal to the 3rd level of an Ambassador. However, in my opinion, the Rex envoy has much more of a blade feel and is significantly less effective than the Athena.
That's why I don't trust YouTube channels for a long time!

The author of this video claims that Lambda Athena is as aggressive as Rex Ambassador at 4 or even 5 setting.
I haven't tried an ambassador, but I have tried a Rex envoy, which according to the specs, should be equal to the 3rd level of an Ambassador. However, in my opinion, the Rex envoy has much more of a blade feel and is significantly less effective than the Athena.
That's why I don't trust YouTube channels for a long time!
The author of that video is the owner of REX Shaving and obviously the claims he is making about his Ambassador razor are utterly dishonest, which is normal for him.

I watched that video the other day.... How that buffoon can say the Ares or Athena felt aggressive and had too much blade feel is beyond me! He also wants to copy the metal alloy used. And his 1 pass shave trial wasn't much of a trial!
The hit job he put out on the Athena may have been worse than the one he put out on the Osprey, in the sense that he wrapped some "nicey-nice" language around this one, as if to appear objective.

It's sad that people take him seriously and line his pockets.

... Thom

Top Bottom