What's new

La Faulx by Atelier Durdan Pass Around…..

Copper Sunday..
proxy.php
:c18:

Do you think it's close to the Blackbird or should I go straight to the +++? I am leaning that direction, but don't know how blade exposure on DE translates to SE razors.
For me the ++ shaves just as close as the Blackbird (or closer) but is much easier on the skin. I haven’t tried the +++ as I don’t feel I need any more efficiency. The ++ is providing some of the best shaves I’ve ever had.

Last edited:
Is there enough difference between the + and ++ to justify getting both?
I notice a difference between the two plates and if I ever get a second La Faulx I would probably get both plates.

It’s difficult to say how much difference there is as it’s a YMMV kinda thing. There is a noticeable increase in both blade feel and efficiency between the two and the shave with the ++ last a few hours longer. The amazing thing to me is how smooth the ++ remains while improving the closeness of the shave.

If you like the Vector then the ++ is the one you want. If you don’t need quite as much efficiency then the + is the way to go. I like both plates, but will most likely use the ++ more often.

For me, Yes. For efficiency + is closer to General v2, meanwhile ++ is closer to Vector efficiency. You can make the + plus plate act like a Vector with a Feather Super but results may be rougher than lets say a Proline or Feather Pro.
This gets to the heart of my indecision, I am basing my decisions off of using the General v2 as my only AC razor. The + plate has some blade exposure while the General has none. I can happily use my preferred Super blade with it which will make the exposure greater than the +++ plate. However if the ++ simply delivers, with the above mentioned blades, then I can see how the +++ might be too much. Ultimately, I guess I have to buy a Vector first and if it's not enough then I know what to do next. I was all set to skip the Vector and go straight to the La Faulx, but I am not sure. I have some time to think about it, thank you.

This gets to the heart of my indecision, I am basing my decisions off of using the General v2 as my only AC razor. The + plate has some blade exposure while the General has none. I can happily use my preferred Super blade with it which will make the exposure greater than the +++ plate. However if the ++ simply delivers, with the above mentioned blades, then I can see how the +++ might be too much. Ultimately, I guess I have to buy a Vector first and if it's not enough then I know what to do next. I was all set to skip the Vector and go straight to the La Faulx, but I am not sure. I have some time to think about it, thank you.
Are you thinking of buying a Vector? if so get La Faulx++
If you need more efficiency get the plate +++
La Faulx is an extraordinary razor :c1:

I have been testing the Classic, + and ++ plates lately. The one thing I have found is that all plates are comfortable. That said, the ++ can be manipulated a bit more than the others. What I mean by that is that I will never get the ++ efficiency out of the Classic plate or the + plate. I can get the comfort level out of the ++ plate, nearly equal to the Classic and the +, using a milder blade i.e. the Kai Pink or a guarded blade, without sacrificing the comfort level. I haven't tested the +++, so no comment there.
Bottom line: La Faulx is superb. If you don't need a lot of efficiency, the Classic or + will work. If you want efficiency and comfort, the ++ and correct blade choice is your answer. YMMV as always.

I have been testing the Classic, + and ++ plates lately. The one thing I have found is that all plates are comfortable. That said, the ++ can be manipulated a bit more than the others. What I mean by that is that I will never get the ++ efficiency out of the Classic plate or the + plate. I can get the comfort level out of the ++ plate, nearly equal to the Classic and the +, using a milder blade i.e. the Kai Pink or a guarded blade, without sacrificing the comfort level. I haven't tested the +++, so no comment there.
Bottom line: La Faulx is superb. If you don't need a lot of efficiency, the Classic or + will work. If you want efficiency and comfort, the ++ and correct blade choice is your answer. YMMV as always.
I really don't recommend the classic plate... very, very, very mild even with any blade, suitable only for ultra-sensitive skin
My opinion...plate useless

Are you thinking of buying a Vector? if so get La Faulx++
If you need more efficiency get the plate +++
La Faulx is an extraordinary razor :c1:
This. I have a Vector and La Faulx. For me the La Faulx is a much better razor with the ++ plate. Super smooth and very efficient. The Vector is a good razor but a tad on the aggressive side in comparison.

I have never used a better AC razor than the La Faulx and I have (or had) the General V2, Vector, ATT X1 and SE1 and Calymore. La Faulx wins hands down for comfort and effectiveness.

If you really want a Vector I’ll sell you mine…..😁

Top Bottom