What's new

Korat Grind

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Beautiful razor, and great work on the scales. What's the benefit of the bellied grind? I see those on some Japanese razors and have always wondered the reason behind it.

The one thing that I've noticed with Koraat is the pointed heel. I like to use that area of the blade with a rounded edge for my upper, lower lip and chin, providing more control. The pointed edge would render that area of the blade useless in my opinion…and then again, opinions are like…well, you know what I mean.

just ask him and he will make the razor as you want it. Very easy guy to work with.

On the custom configurator (Konfigurator?) page, you have the option to round the heel. Don't do it at work though, you will spend way too long on the site playing and doing a LOT of math in your head against budgets :)

Beautiful razor, and great work on the scales. What's the benefit of the bellied grind? I see those on some Japanese razors and have always wondered the reason behind it.

Im on dangerous ground here, but I think the bulge adds strength and or rigidity to the blade...to support a thinner grind farther away from the spine? I cobbled that quasi engineering guess together from watching "how stuff works," or some other series when they were doing a segment on stamped steel...or maybe it was a dream...not sure, lol. Thats my guess.....

Well I finally got to shave with this razor Christmas morning. Simply fantastic. I shot a few quick pictures I thought Id post.

That is a beauty Bad_B!

Cheers, Steve
Thanks Steve, all the credit goes to Ulrik and Alfredo. My part in this process was easy, pick the right guys to do the work and pay for it! lol I will also add, Alfredo is right, no issues with the spike point or the heel when shaving....its a great razor.

Top Bottom