What's new

Korat Grind

NICE!! Although my Koratt is a wedge the craftmanshift of the blade and razor is fantastic....now if i could only afford another one, damn exchange rate ....lol.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Very nice Alfredo, what does it shave like? Did you give it a try?

Cheers, Steve

Now that's thin!! What an amazing grind, thanks Doc for sharing!

You mentioned in the past Korat's are a weighty blade from having honed them prior to this, with this grind does it lessen the weight?

I will add, currently Ulrik ships in a padded envelope. As a blade only order there are no scales to protect your edge. The blade was wrapped in paper towels for padding then wrapped in tape. There was a slight issue that Doc addresses with this blade. I would suggest that you ask for upgraded shipping, a box and maybe a tracking number. This blade took a week or two to make then three weeks in transit to me. Well worth the wait imo, but I was a bit shocked at the shipping method. I placed another order for a square point 8/8 full hollow and asked if Ulrik would use a box for an additional fee, I am still waiting to hear back from him.

Fantastic[emoji7]
Agree 100%
You can say that again
Beautiful blade!
Yes it is
Even more impressive that the grind is done with the hand instead of a wheel :w00t:
Absolutely, this is impressive no matter how it was done.
NICE!! Although my Koratt is a wedge the craftmanshift of the blade and razor is fantastic....now if i could only afford another one, damn exchange rate ....lol.
His fit and finish are perfect.
That is hollow.
Very
Very nice Alfredo, what does it shave like? Did you give it a try?

Cheers, Steve
As a matter of fact I did, beautiful shave.
Now that's thin!! What an amazing grind, thanks Doc for sharing!

You mentioned in the past Korat's are a weighty blade from having honed them prior to this, with this grind does it lessen the weight?
This is delicate.
I will add, currently Ulrik ships in a padded envelope. As a blade only order there are no scales to protect your edge. The blade was wrapped in paper towels for padding then wrapped in tape. There was a slight issue that Doc addresses with this blade. I would suggest that you ask for upgraded shipping, a box and maybe a tracking number. This blade took a week or two to make then three weeks in transit to me. Well worth the wait imo, but I was a bit shocked at the shipping method. I placed another order for a square point 8/8 full hollow and asked if Ulrik would use a box for an additional fee, I am still waiting to hear back from him.

Crazy, always ship razors in a box.

Ulrik just got back to me and he will indeed provide a box for me on this next order. He can also ship with a tracking number for a small additional fee....I said yes to both! I have to say he is very professional and prompt in his communication. Now I need to look into next years budget for one of his damascus blades....

I'm doing something wrong not charging .50 for the boxes I use for shipping razors. And here any shipment has a tracking # especially when it's insured .

Last edited:
The grind on that is beautiful and the scales really set it off. Good call on that one. That is a really nice looking razor. The one thing that I've noticed with Koraat is the pointed heel. I like to use that area of the blade with a rounded edge for my upper, lower lip and chin, providing more control. The pointed edge would render that area of the blade useless in my opinion…and then again, opinions are like…well, you know what I mean.

~Royce

Last edited:
I'm doing something wrong not charging .50 for the boxes I use for shipping razors. And here any shipment has a tracking # especially when it's insured .
Yes, penny wise, pound foolish.

I always ship in boxes as well

Very cool razor, my budget for 2017 is reserved for a Wacker Damacus but this one is very tempting.
Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
The grind on that is beautiful and the scales really set it off. Good call on that one. That is a really nice looking razor. The one thing that I've noticed with Koraat is the pointed heel. I like to use that area of the blade with a rounded edge for my upper, lower lip and chin, providing more control. The pointed edge would render that area of the blade useless in my opinion…and then again, opinions are like…well, you know what I mean.

~Royce
Both the heel toe are cream puffs.

Top Bottom