What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

My Bike

$Bike.jpg

Been using mapmyride for Android to track my stats. Don't record every ride but in 3 weeks I have shaved 5 minutes on the 2 mile climb home. App says I go up 261 feet in the 2 miles. I have found a route that helps with making the hill not so steep.

Kev,

Of course consult a physician.

Have you watched the movie 'Fat, sick, and nearly dead' with joe cross? Watch it! Then watch it again! Its free to watch on hulu, on netflix, and elsewhere .

Get a juicer from bed bath and beyond! Use the coupon, then get the produce!!

Then get online at the website rebootwithjoe.com.. there and join a group reboot, download the 15 and 5 day plans. Do the 15 day transition into the 5 day and the do the 5 day over and over..

Its drastic, but imho its a healthy option..
I just watched this today. I had a relapse weekend and feel blah. Might be willing to give this a try.

its a significant lifestyle change so be mentally and ingredients prepared.

i loved it, it totally changed my outlook on nutrition and food.

but be careful to ease out of any transition.

Something different I've tried this year is dieting twice per week. You might see it under the 5-2 diet. Their prescription is to eat 600 calories per day twice a week but I'm lucky to eat under 1500 on those days. Still I'm down 8 pounds his year and would be twice as much if I didn't eat and drink so much on the weekends. It seems to help because I only have to watch what I eat twice per week and on those days I know the next day I can eat more. You don't rebound as much as you think though and I get fuller just a little easier now.

I was reading throigh this thread tonight. I really appreciate and than each and ecery one of you foe your inpit and encouraging words. I am hoping to weigh in soon and have some positive weight news. I may be yo-yoing on my food intake but have been trying to ride the bike at least 3 times a week to work. I moght not hit that goal this week but I did walk for a mile yesterday (was worse than 2 miles riding). I have had the bike a month and the rims are still true and all components work well. I know I still stress eat. Before was due to boredom at work. Now streas from being busy all the time. My boss keeps telling me to take time off to compensate for working nights and weekends.....on salary. I still have it ingeained in me to punch a time clock. Flex time is still a foreign concept.

I was reading throigh this thread tonight. I really appreciate and than each and ecery one of you foe your inpit and encouraging words. I am hoping to weigh in soon and have some positive weight news. I may be yo-yoing on my food intake but have been trying to ride the bike at least 3 times a week to work. I moght not hit that goal this week but I did walk for a mile yesterday (was worse than 2 miles riding). I have had the bike a month and the rims are still true and all components work well. I know I still stress eat. Before was due to boredom at work. Now streas from being busy all the time. My boss keeps telling me to take time off to compensate for working nights and weekends.....on salary. I still have it ingeained in me to punch a time clock. Flex time is still a foreign concept.
very good, better than no times a week :thumbup:

Top Bottom