What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

When you're feeling down bro, or want to head into Krispy Kreme etc while out, hit some of us up on the board who have been watching your fight,..we'd be happy to try and talk you away from the counter. This is a lifelong struggle dude that is going to have minor setbacks...that is all this is...a small setback. Today is a new day....what matters is what you do today.

When you're feeling down bro, or want to head into Krispy Kreme etc while out, hit some of us up on the board who have been watching your fight,..we'd be happy to try and talk you away from the counter. This is a lifelong struggle dude that is going to have minor setbacks...that is all this is...a small setback. Today is a new day....what matters is what you do today.

Really well said, Chris

+2. Better to get on this forum than to go to a donut shop!

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but have you ever talked with your doctor about prescription weight loss drugs?

Anyways, just an idea, and I wish you the best of luck. I'm a big guy myself.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Weighed in last night 467 still. I am still struggling to get back on track.

We tend to put on a few pounds over the winter, so don't be too discouraged if the numbers go up a bit ... keep at it, and you'll be in a better position to see some nice springtime gains ... er, losses. You know what I mean.

Keep focusing on the little things. Parking a little farther away so you get more walking in, drinking water or unsweetened iced tea instead of pop,trying to eat healthful snacks, etc. All the little things add up.

I have a water bottle at work and no vending machines at my job. With the loss of my car once Christmas is over I wont be able to leave work to buy any soft drinks. I have tried to not keep a lot of soft drinks at home. I have some now due to Christmas. Once this happens with I pack lunch or have to walk a few blocks to the closest restaurant. If I can get through this week and maintain my weight, I plan on really getting back on the ball for 2016.

Keep working Kev!! This is definitely the most difficult time of the year!! After the holidays things should get easier.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I think I'm up to 154lbs (old wonky spring-scale) over the holidays. SWMBO wants me to lose my belly.

I think she sees me like this in her mind's eye... :lol:
proxy.php

Went for a walk. Wife challenged me to walk to work. She went with me and turned around after 5 min. I made it 2/3 of the way there and called for her to pick me up. Made it 2 miles downhill before my legs ached too bad. Gives incentive to get a bike.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Went for a walk. Wife challenged me to walk to work. She went with me and turned around after 5 min. I made it 2/3 of the way there and called for her to pick me up. Made it 2 miles downhill before my legs ached too bad. Gives incentive to get a bike.

Think of it as a challenge to make it all the way. Then all the way back home. It's not going to happen over night. Small improvements each time should be your focus and not the entire trip.

Top Bottom