What's new

Just bought tonight.

Well after much thought and research, along with great help from those here I bought a Semogue 1305. I really like the looks and the reviews are 9.9 out of 10 as being one of the best brushes going. Thanks again. I'll let everyone know when I get it and first impression. :001_smile

Did you buy it new or used? Remember that a new boar will take some time to break in and be at its best. I sold my first 1305 after a week because it wasn't preforming well at first.

Did you buy it new or used? Remember that a new boar will take some time to break in and be at its best. I sold my first 1305 after a week because it wasn't preforming well at first.

I did the same thing with my first Semogue. I recently bought the 610 and had a chance to buy the LE one (with the clear and blue handle) and I know right now they are kind of rough, but with some break-in everyone says they are amazing. The best advice in terms of break-in I can give you is use it different ways. Palm lather, bowl lather, lather however you can (except face lathering as that can kind of not feel great with a new Semogue heh). Let it dry completely in between uses. Don't soak the handle. I started just soaking the tips of the bristles, like filling the bowl I soak my brush in about 3/4 of the way down the bristles so the handle never touches the water (except for rinsing and such obviously).

Enjoy your new brush Semogue makes a quality product IMHO.

I have a Semogue 620 and love it! I've only used it 4 times but it is awesome. I can't wait till it gets broken in. I use it more than my Simpson Classic.

1305 is a little floppy for facelathering have been using my 1520 for the past couple of days and I'm finding it to be much better. Used it this morning with TOBS Almond SC and it lathered up a storm, not bad for a new brush.

Clayton

Give it time to break in. I had an 830 that I sold after 10 shaves. I may have stuck with badger anyway, but I still regret selling the 830 too soon.

Top Bottom