What's new

JUNE 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.

June is upon us and Summer is just around the corner, but the Scores do not care.

They are always out there awaiting discovery.

Yes, time does seem to fly but no matter the month, the season, or the weather, there is always something to be found. And you can mark it as yours.

When you find it, let us know.

We all want to see and think ... I'm need one of THOSE....

IMG_0219.PNG
IMG_0220.PNG

CreativeFlamePottery lather bowl. Nice heavy stoneware. Perfect size. Test drive tonight.

Early CV Heljestrand lather catcher wedge blade razor seven day set won this morning from a English seller. This is supposed to be the first version that can take Gem blades in addition to the wedge blades as it has blade stops the lower edge of the blade rests against. My fourth CV Heljestrand seven day set and the earliest.
CVH-old-1.jpg

Not as exotic as the others, but need to mention it since it was a PIF from @imatabor. My new old Old. Got it cleaned up and ready for a first shave.
DSC01589.JPG

Yeah, I am showing the side with the bent tooth just to shame him a little because he didn't want to send me his $1.50 Toggle. ;-)

If you look as good when you are as old as that razor is you will be doing damn good. A minimum of 87 years old if my math is right. ;)

Early CV Heljestrand lather catcher wedge blade razor seven day set won this morning from a English seller. This is supposed to be the first version that can take Gem blades in addition to the wedge blades as it has blade stops the lower edge of the blade rests against. My fourth CV Heljestrand seven day set and the earliest.View attachment 793684

Wow! Great catch!!

Not as exotic as the others, but need to mention it since it was a PIF from @imatabor. My new old Old. Got it cleaned up and ready for a first shave.
View attachment 793692

Yeah, I am showing the side with the bent tooth just to shame him a little because he didn't want to send me his $1.50 Toggle. ;-)

Fine looking Old Type. Love their shaves! Nothing wrong with a slightly bent tooth.

Early CV Heljestrand lather catcher wedge blade razor seven day set won this morning from a English seller. This is supposed to be the first version that can take Gem blades in addition to the wedge blades as it has blade stops the lower edge of the blade rests against. My fourth CV Heljestrand seven day set and the earliest.View attachment 793684

About the smallest 7 day case I have seen too. Near as I can tell from the photo about 2.25" wide and 5.5" long. I have a similar but shorter later 3 blade CVH case too.

Today I received a cool package from PAA with the following:

Black Bot Artisan Shave Soap - Crown King Formula 4oz
Crown King Black Bot Aftershave & Cologne - An Epic Homage To Black Belt! 3.5oz
Lime Ice Sage Aftershave/Cologne (w/ Aloe, Alum & Menthol) 3.5oz
Pineapple Bay Rum Shave Soap - Crown King Formula 2oz (Bundled with I'd Rather Be Shaving Mug)
PAA Potassium Alum Block 97 Grams (W/ Rubber Grip Band & Recyclable Plastic Travel Case)

I waited for the package to do a noon SOTD & start trying out the new goodies before leaving for Germany Monday. Used the Black Bot soap & AS with a cup of coffee in my new mug (after removing the soap). Great stuff. The Black Bot AS is the star. Love the scent and the strength seems to be excellent. Highly recommend. I just wish PAA made pucks of the Pineapple Bay Rum soap instead of placing the soap directly in the mug. I scooped it out of the mug and put in in another container and it was a bit messy. Very slick. I think I will try this Monday morning before leaving, doing a lime shave Sunday with the new AS.
Steve
IMG_5655.jpg
IMG_5656.jpg
IMG_5659.jpg

Today I received a cool package from PAA with the following:

Black Bot Artisan Shave Soap - Crown King Formula 4oz
Crown King Black Bot Aftershave & Cologne - An Epic Homage To Black Belt! 3.5oz
Lime Ice Sage Aftershave/Cologne (w/ Aloe, Alum & Menthol) 3.5oz
Pineapple Bay Rum Shave Soap - Crown King Formula 2oz (Bundled with I'd Rather Be Shaving Mug)
PAA Potassium Alum Block 97 Grams (W/ Rubber Grip Band & Recyclable Plastic Travel Case)

I waited for the package to do a noon SOTD & start trying out the new goodies before leaving for Germany Monday. Used the Black Bot soap & AS with a cup of coffee in my new mug (after removing the soap). Great stuff. The Black Bot AS is the star. Love the scent and the strength seems to be excellent. Highly recommend. I just wish PAA made pucks of the Pineapple Bay Rum soap instead of placing the soap directly in the mug. I scooped it out of the mug and put in in another container and it was a bit messy. Very slick. I think I will try this Monday morning before leaving, doing a lime shave Sunday with the new AS.
Steve
View attachment 793850 View attachment 793852 View attachment 793853

Nice box of PAA goodies, Steve. Hope you have a great trip.

Wild finds at a town fair.
I really wanted the Gentlemen's Regiment, but you can, t leave behind the Blue Tip and the Old Spice Mug.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom