What's new

July Photo Challenge - Abstract Photography

Hello all, I just got back from band camp. This year 140 band directors from New England met for three days of great seminars, music making, score reviews, and camaraderie. I had a great time. Got my teaching batteries recharged, etc...

On for the challenge...

How does this sound... The July theme is abstract photography. There are many ways to define abstract photography. All aspects of this broad topic are open. You may work indoors or outdoors. Color and/or black & white shots are fine. Shots may include people, animals, vegetables, etc. or not. Shadows may be present but it is at your discretion.

Anything Goes! Paint with light, shadow, color, and lines...

Be sharp! Be Blurry!

Be Obvious! Make us ponder!

Please identify the subject if it is not readily apparent. :lol:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Is this a multi photo entry?

OK I'm new to this but here we go. Frosty roof.

$Copy - DSC_0043 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Is this a multi photo entry?

OK I'm new to this but here we go. Frosty roof.

View attachment 672480

You have captured an image whose source is not immediately apparent. - That's part of many abstract photos.

You have captured an image with a repeating pattern or patterns. - That too is part of many abstract photos.

You have captured an image that has blur and crisp parts within it. - Again, that too is part of many abstract photos.

This image certainly has the potential to confuzzle many viewers. - Well done!

One does not have to have all of these aspects within the image to have that image considered to be abstract.

All that said, I for one consider this new attempt to be awesome!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Thanks Bob. I was taking photo of my garage roof then thought the real shot was behind me of my house roof.
I like the curves and straight lines.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks Bob. I was taking photo of my garage roof then thought the real shot was behind me of my house roof.
I like the curves and straight lines.

The real abstract picture is picturing Chris on top of a roof taking a picture.

Sorry, couldn't help it...carry on.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The real abstract picture is picturing Chris on top of a roof taking a picture.

Sorry, couldn't help it...carry on.

I was not on the roof for this shot Aaron. My days of walking on roofs are over. Just standing on my patio with a 200mm lens. I did think afterwards that a ladder would have given a good angle but was happy with the shot as is.

Will you be entering a photo?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I was not on the roof for this shot Aaron. My days of walking on roofs are over. Just standing on my patio with a 200mm lens. I did think afterwards that a ladder would have given a good angle but was happy with the shot as is.

Will you be entering a photo?

Ha, ha.

I'm more obtuse than abrastract. I'll see what I can come with.

Here's me playing around in the basement:

$knob1.jpg

Great challenge and I love all the pics so far.

Attachments

• $Pipe3.jpg
    $Pipe3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 131
Top Bottom