What's new

Journey to 100 blades (journal)

I must say that you got me at that very quote! I'm in the same boat. While I haven't kicked the new set of blades yet, I am finishing the line-up (which razor) that I will use. You have a lot of blades that I plan to use so I'm very interested in comparing notes! Thank you for posting your findings! It's helpful!
Yes, I don't have any of the new blades in the den yet either. I still have a lot of blades to work through before I buy any more. The new blades will likely appear in a follow-on "Journey to 200 blades" journal 😂

Shave 3 with the Gillette Wilkinson Sword and another pleasant shave. It felt sharper today and still nice and smooth. Another close shave with no irritation or Alum feedback.

Shave 4 with the Gillette Wilkinson Sword India today and another final pleasant shave. The blade was wasn't as sharp as the last shave but it was still sharp enough for a close shave and still nice and smooth. No irritation or Alum feedback today but another couple of curl backs (minor).

Blade 65: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China

1000010024.jpg

1000010025.jpg

Up next is the Chinese version of the Gillette Wilkinson Sword. It felt smoother than the Indian version but not quite as sharp. The shave wasn't as close as the Indian version and there was a couple of ingrown/curl backs but no signs of irritation.

Shave 2 with the Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword and I seem to be at odds with other reviews on these blades. The Chinese one is still smoother but I don't find it to be as sharp. Another could be closer shave with a couple of curl backs but no signs of irritation and minimal Alum feedback.

Shave 3 with the Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword and it felt a good bit sharper today while still being very smooth. This is the first shave that it's felt sharper than the Indian version and it was a pleasant and irritation free close shave.

Slightly behind on my writeup, Shave 4 with the Chinese Wilkinson Sword took place last week and was a another pleasant shave. It still felt very smooth and quite sharp (not as sharp as shave 3) and it provided another close shave with no irritation, Alum feedback or ingrowns.

Overall it wasn't quite as good as the Indian version for me mainly due to the difference in sharpness with the Indian feeling a touch sharper.

Blade 66: Wizamet Super Iridium

1000010873.jpg

Up next it's another Procter and Gamble blade, this time from the Russian PPI factory.
First impressions were good. It felt quite sharp and nice and smooth. The end result was a close shave with no irritation or Alum feedback.

Back to back posts as I've not had time to post recently!

Shave 3 with the Wizamet and it was yet another impressive shave. The blade felt as sharp as it did on shave 2 and again it was nice and smooth. Yet another close shave with no irritation or Alum feedback and there has been no sign of ingrowns this week.

Top Bottom