What's new

Join Us for the Badger & Blade July 4th Cookout

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Please join us at Badger & Blade for a July 4th cookout. We'll be grillin' and smokin' all kinds of goodies. Show us what you're cooking by taking a few pictures (and post them in this thread) of your outside grill or smoker and most importantly what's being cooked. Brisket, ribs, pork butt, pork belly, rotisserie chicken, veggies or peppers, bacon wrapped shrimp, jalapeno poppers, burgers, dogs, corn on the cob, baked beans, sausage or anything you can conjure up is just fine.

Come one out and join us....we are going to have a lot of fun.

P.S. Someone better smoke a fatty.

Aaron

Last edited:
Oh boy..... Looks like I have to un-mothball the modified Charbroil. Enough time before the 4th. Unless I put it off too long.

Now..... what to grill. That's the question.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
P.S. Someone better smoke a fatty.

Aaron
That is almost a given. I will be picking up a pork butt this weekend, and some cabbage for homemade cole slaw. Since the 4th is a holiday (which I will work), I will get paid 16 hours for an 8 hour shift. So, I will make it a long weekend (off Sundays and Mondays) and take Tuesday off. That is when I will probably fire up the Akorn.

I haven't rotisseried for ages, but just starting out with my Kamado Joe. Learning the art of smoking. I did a pork butt last weekend that I had too hot and it turned out more meaty than fall-apart. I've got another pork butt in the deep freeze I'll be thawing out soon.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm taking the whole week off for a "staycation", not sure what all we'll be cooking!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Oh boy..... Looks like I have to un-mothball the modified Charbroil. Enough time before the 4th. Unless I put it off too long.

Now..... what to grill. That's the question.

Aaron is this a multi-day affair or all or nothing for the 4th?
dave

That is almost a given. I will be picking up a pork butt this weekend, and some cabbage for homemade cole slaw. Since the 4th is a holiday (which I will work), I will get paid 16 hours for an 8 hour shift. So, I will make it a long weekend (off Sundays and Mondays) and take Tuesday off. That is when I will probably fire up the Akorn.

I haven't rotisseried for ages, but just starting out with my Kamado Joe. Learning the art of smoking. I did a pork butt last weekend that I had too hot and it turned out more meaty than fall-apart. I've got another pork butt in the deep freeze I'll be thawing out soon.

I'm doing ribs on Sunday for my MIL's birthday.

I'm taking the whole week off for a "staycation", not sure what all we'll be cooking!

Thanks everyone.

Anyone interested in a July cookout?

proxy.php

Well, it's Friday night and I consider that the weekend....so I'll post our supper from tonight. Thanks to @DoctorShavegood for the invite to the cookout.

Beef Short Ribs in a homemade Korean marinade, crinkle cut potatoes planks and cast iron corn....all done on my old Vermont Castings VM448 NG grill. The crinkle hand cutter showed up today, so I had to put it to use...loved it.

Happy Canada Day and Independence Day to all the Canadian and USA members.

IMG_20180629_190707.jpg
IMG_20180629_175923.jpg
IMG_20180629_181135.jpg
IMG_20180629_181139.jpg
IMG_20180629_181715.jpg
IMG_20180629_181456.jpg
IMG_20180629_181644.jpg
IMG_20180629_182009.jpg

Grill'in in my robe so no camera

8 tenderloins to a squeak over rare.

Devoured 2 each and put 4 away for another day

SWMBO has been into cold steak and avocado lately. So I am sure these will be served thin sliced cold with avocado in the next few days.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Well, it's Friday night and I consider that the weekend....so I'll post our supper from tonight. Thanks to @DoctorShavegood for the invite to the cookout.

Beef Short Ribs in a homemade Korean marinade, crinkle cut potatoes planks and cast iron corn....all done on my old Vermont Castings VM448 NG grill. The crinkle hand cutter showed up today, so I had to put it to use...loved it.

View attachment 894285 View attachment 894286 View attachment 894287 View attachment 894288 View attachment 894289 View attachment 894290 View attachment 894291 View attachment 894292

The @brucered is back. That looks awesome. Thanks Bruce.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

View attachment 894285 View attachment 894286 View attachment 894287 View attachment 894288 View attachment 894289 View attachment 894290 View attachment 894291 View attachment 894292
Great start

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Burgers and beer brats over lump charcoal.

There was also some bacon on the grill involved.

DSC_0004 (2).JPG

Brats, fries, and bacon cheeseburgers with all the fixins.

DSC_0008 (2).JPG

Top Bottom