What's new

Jermyn Street Guild Shirts

Anyone have experience ordering shirts from Jermyn Street Guild?

No but they their styles look very similar to Charles Tyrhwitt. I have made purchases from Tyrhwitt and was happy. Tyrhwitt shipping comes from the Uk and was a nominal amount to USA.
I see Jermyn Street Guild charges a flat $29 shipped directly from Viet Nam.
I do like what I saw on their website though but no idea regarding quality.

I hope the quality is higher as they are quite a bit more expensive. Also interesting to see that measurement are in cm not inches.
Were you able to find some review on the net ?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Pre pandemic I wore Thomas Pink shirts in the office which you might consider as an alternative. They were excellent quality at that time but the brand has since been sold by LVMH and relaunched under new ownership. I have no knowledge of the current product quality. I also owned CT shirts and the quality was very similar but I found the Pink fabrics and colours more interesting.

TheShaun

Bejeweled
I hope the quality is higher as they are quite a bit more expensive. Also interesting to see that measurement are in cm not inches.
Were you able to find some review on the net ?
Considering most of the world uses the metric system it's not all that interesting to see CM measurements. And no, I can't find any reviews despite this being a promoted vendor on the Ask Andy forums which makes it rather strange.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I think I see what @La Malice is saying - I live in the UK and the vast majority of clothing is measured in inches. I know my waist, collar, chest, inside leg etc. in inches but I have no idea of the equivalent in cm. Perhaps younger people know their metric measurements but I never see them offered in stores. I have never heard of Jermyn Street Guild and I wonder if they are one of those brands that sell an artificial manufactured traditional Britishness, trading on the Jermyn Street name, mainly to the overseas market, while selling little or nothing in the UK. I have seen similar so called venerable British brands operating out of Saville Row.

I think I see what @La Malice is saying - I live in the UK and the vast majority of clothing is measured in inches. I know my waist, collar, chest, inside leg etc. in inches but I have no idea of the equivalent in cm. Perhaps younger people know their metric measurements but I never see them offered in stores. I have never heard of Jermyn Street Guild and I wonder if they are one of those brands that sell an artificial manufactured traditional Britishness, trading on the Jermyn Street name, mainly to the overseas market, while selling little or nothing in the UK. I have seen similar so called venerable British brands operating out of Saville Row.
I had/have shirts from TM Lewin and CT. TML before they went bust gave the measurements when ordering and also stiched-in in cm/in. I would love if TML would open up their EU shop again as I prefer their patterns/fit slightly to the CT stuff.

At this price point all three (TML, CT, JSG) of them produce in Asia and ride on that „Britishness“ it’s in fact their business model. Still quality is ok if you don’t need/want bespoke and can buy of the rack.

Top Bottom