What's new

jcoguer's Entry to the Hall of Fame

Welcome Jason! Is that a Martin Box that you flat pick with? I sold mine almost twenty years ago to help finance my second career as a nurse-miss my banjo too! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Welcome Jason! Is that a Martin Box that you flat pick with? I sold mine almost twenty years ago to help finance my second career as a nurse-miss my banjo too! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

I have an HD 28. I play left handed so I had to special order from Martin.

That is impressive Jason! All I have left is a hand-made open back resonator banjo made by the late Frank Hodge from Boone, North Carolina. It is made of curly maple and has a groundhog skin and a Gibson style peg head. It is difficult to keep tuned now, but is pretty nice for what it is. Frank was featured in THE FOXFIRE BOOKS series from the 1970's. How is the vintage shaving coming along? Any more razors? I am a 1947-1955 Super Speed user and highly recommend that genre of Gillette's. My father shaved with a 1956 B2, so I followed suit in my interests. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

That is impressive Jason! All I have left is a hand-made open back resonator banjo made by the late Frank Hodge from Boone, North Carolina. It is made of curly maple and has a groundhog skin and a Gibson style peg head. It is difficult to keep tuned now, but is pretty nice for what it is. Frank was featured in THE FOXFIRE BOOKS series from the 1970's. How is the vintage shaving coming along? Any more razors? I am a 1947-1955 Super Speed user and highly recommend that genre of Gillette's. My father shaved with a 1956 B2, so I followed suit in my interests. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Very cool Banjo! I love the Gillette Super Speeds. My aunt just gave me a 1912 Gem Junior so I guess I will be trying a single edge shave very soon. I would never go back to cartridge shaving.

Top Bottom