What's new

Jay21's Journey Journal

I thought I'd change the format of my journal a bit. I've usually been one to write in prose and tell a story in most passages I write anywhere, but it seems most shavers here make lists. I'm finally getting with the program, so to speak. It will also make it easier for me to review my notes later on if I have to diagnose an issue.

Pre-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
Brush: RR 400 Plissoft, matte handle (I have other 400s, so I should say which one)
Soap: Arko, mug loaded and lathered
Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (1)
Number of passes: 2, XTG
Touchups or buffs: no
Aftershave: Skin Bracer and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: none
Result: DFS (stubble ATG on neck)

I'm back in the game with the Lupo 95. Very pleasant shave.

IMG_3025.jpeg

Salad for the day. I sorta skimped on the lettuce. ‘Twas tasty.

Funny thing about former is shaving logs. My physical journal is just prose now. I used to do bullet points but morphed into just writing it all out. I got one enjoyed the proses. All is good. Have a great day Brother. I pray your Bride is healing well from her surgery.

View attachment 1835581

Funny thing about former is shaving logs. My physical journal is just prose now. I used to do bullet points but morphed into just writing it all out. I got one enjoyed the proses. All is good. Have a great day Brother. I pray your Bride is healing well from her surgery.
Good looking salad there.

Thanks for the prayers. We're getting there.

@blethenstrom

My order. The Mrs. wanted some face cream and a styptic pencil. All good since it pushed me over $60 for free shipping. One can never have too many Nacets since they're no longer made. It's a decent price. About market it seems.

View attachment 1835642
I wish I had thought of IB before I sent my order off yesterday. The one I used was higher than IB. It wasn't that much more.

View attachment 1835581

I’m going with a southwest theme tonight.

IMG_0286.jpeg

Pre-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
Brush: RR 400 butterscotch noir
Soap: Arko, mug loaded and lathered
Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (2)
Number of passes: 3, XTG (all at slightly different angles)
Touchups or buffs: no
Aftershave: Old Spice and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: Yes, not too strong
Result: DFS (stubble ATG on neck)

I used the butterscotch noir for the first time this morning because I probably have to retire my other RR 400 that has always had a problem with shedding. Let's hope this new one doesn't have the same illness. The product description says it has slightly stiffer fibers than the Plissoft counterpart. I felt that immediately, but it could also be because it's a new brush that needs to be broken in.

I had a little sting from the Old Spice this morning after the third pass. I did appreciate the slight increase in closeness, but I have to decide if that minor bump is worth the sting. It wasn't much, and went away within seconds, but I prefer none. There doesn't seem to be any lingering irritation, which is good. Two passes with the Lupo 95 may be all that I can tolerate.

IMG_0287.JPEG

I actually stumbled upon the Italian Barber sale last evening and ordered some soap, a handle, and a RR SLOC razor since I love the Yaqi Mellon. I got some 5 oz tubs of soap too for $4.99 and $5.99 which is terrific.
I love my SLOC. It is a great razor and just plain cool looking. Yeah they had some great soap sales and I got a handle as well. I got the vintage thin handle. I have wanted to try that one out for a long time and finally it was on sale again.

Top Bottom