What's new

Jade East from the 60's

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Love vintage Jade East. It was produced in 1964. I call it my birth year aftershave. :)

Here is a description: Jade East by Regency Cosmetics is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. Jade East was launched in 1964. The fragrance features spices, musk, vanilla, citruses, cedar, woody notes and green notes.

The modern Jade East has been reformulated, and has somewhat of a synthetic/chemical thing going on. The vintage is much better imo and is a lot stronger and a little goes a long way.

The original was SUPER potent , just 2 drops on the skin would fill the whole classroom , no kidding !...Guys that hit the booze on the weekends who wore Jade East would have it waft out of their lungs...Every guy I knew applied it like they would Aqua Velva, a big mistake !

My fav A/S. I have come back to it over many years. Love the Citrus note and the feel on my skin. Lasts Jade_East_2.jpg 319712_437775386292697_271682332_n.jpg about 1/2 day on me.

I found a full original bottle produced by Swank and got it for $3.00. I occasionally use it although my wife prefers I use Pinaud Clubman. I like it a lot.

I remember it from the 60s (I don't remember too much from the 60's, but I digress...)...haven't used it since then.

The LOTH says that Clubman reminds her of Jade East...she hates them both.

Oh my giddy aunt, I'd completely forgotten about this stuff until now. Come to think of it, my A/S of that period rotated around Old Spice, Tabac, and Jade East. I'm going to have to find a bottle, if only for the nostalgia kick.

I remember these Jade East adds when I was a kid and had been wanting to get a bottle for years.
I finally found a perfect, sealed gift set this week for $13. When I opened the cologne, the round cardboard is still sealed tight so I left that be for now. The aftershave opened fine so I will use this on occasions. It does smell good!

Attachments

• jade-east.jpg
    jade-east.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 20

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I remember these Jade East adds when I was a kid and had been wanting to get a bottle for years.
I finally found a perfect, sealed gift set this week for $13. When I opened the cologne, the round cardboard is still sealed tight so I left that be for now. The aftershave opened fine so I will use this on occasions. It does smell good!
Very nice! I love Jade East, especially the cologne. Similar to Tai Winds, Hai Karate, and Shulton Oriental Spice.

I used Jade East in Jr. High. 1967. Also English Leather. In High School I was using Patchouli Oil. By the time I got out of High School I was using Trouble by Mennen

Never experienced the original, but tried the recent version and was able to infer that the original was very similar to Clubman/Canoe. I didn't care for the reformulated recipe, though.

Top Bottom