What's new

Jack Daniels 150th and Single Barrel compared to Gentleman Jack

I know there are finer whiskeys and bourbons out there, however being a Jack Daniels squire i kinda stay true to the brand. With that being said, I have the itch to try single barrel or the 150th. Ive been drinking mainly gentleman Jack lately and interested to see how the 150th and Single Barrel compare to it. I know they are not the same and have been done differently but wanted to know if they are more flavorful or just stronger ABV wise.

Please let us know what you think when you taste them. I personally really like the single cask, followed by the Gentleman's Jack.

Reminds me of my personal insanity trying to keep up with Laphroaig offerings. Good luck with your journey. In the end, it's all mighty fine whiskey. You won't regret one drop of all you have opportunity to try.

Reminds me of my personal insanity trying to keep up with Laphroaig offerings. Good luck with your journey. In the end, it's all mighty fine whiskey. You won't regret one drop of all you have opportunity to try.
+1

Well just tried some single barrel. Not the rye but the regular single barrel. To me the nose is very sweet and caramely. There was also some fruity notes in there as well
Taste- Pretty similar to the nose. Sweet caramel fruit notes then the ole familiar banana notes from every jack daniels brew. Its a bolder stronger no7 to me. These are just first impressions. Usually takes me about a half a bottle to decide how i really feel about a whiskey (y).

On a completely side note, Ive been on a scotch kick lately trying highland park 12 and monkey shoulder and let me say that the monkey shoulder blew the highland park out of the park. The highland park was very smokey which was kinda what i was wanting to try. I kind of got burned out on the american bourbon and whiskey and wanted some extreme variety while staying in the same genre so to speak. I cannot recommend monkey shoulder enough, Very classy bottle along and some of the smoothest whisky ive tried. Plum notes and smooth earthy sweetness with no smoke and no bite. For me a little dash of water really made it an extreme pleasure to enjoy and best of all it doesnt break the bank at 32 dollars a bottle here. I plan on keeping a bottle around all the time.

Top Bottom