What's new

I've been robbed!

Apparently someone broke into my truck last night and stole my pens. :mad3: They didn't exactly have to break anything. I leave my doors unlocked (until today).

It wasn't much in there, really. Had a couple Preppys, a Jinhao X740, a counterfeit Lamy Safari, and the 1981 Parker Arrow that I found at a yard sale, a 10 loupe, and a jar of Goulet silicone grease. It also had a couple ink samples and an extra nib for my TWSBI Mini. Luckily, the TWSBI was in my pocket and I carried it in. The Parker I had maybe $20 into, $2 for the pen and about $18 for the converter off the bay. They were all in a cheapie Jetpens pen case/bag. I had planned on PIFing the Lamy and the Jinhao at some point.

There's nothing there I can't replace without much hassle, except maybe the Parker. It is the fact that they're mine and they invaded my property to get it that bothers me. It is a different world than it was 10 years ago for sure, and apparently a different neighborhood.

Chad, what an awful feeling!!

Last week, we were woken by a knock on the door at 2:30 AM (well, we would have been woken up, if my 5 year old hadn't been awake for an hour already moaning about his stomach hurting... which resulted in an ER visit after the police left). Apparently a small band of shenaniganizers were terrorizing the neighborhood and several cars had been broken into. Our neighbor's boyfriend was leaving her house and noticed my dome light on and said he saw a shadow in between our cars in the driveway. As he approached, the figure ducked and ran. Since cops were already out, he was able to flag one down, resulting in the heart-stopping knock. Fortunately, I keep my car as clean as Pig Pen from Peanuts, so if anything were missing, the thief would have actually done me a favor. But thankfully, all was well.

I'm sorry for the loss of your pens and privacy. Best wishes.

Extremely frustrating! I had that happen once. My condolences.

Does your car have the key fob that you just need to keep in your pocket? I heard there are signal amplifiers that thieves can use to amplify the signal from those key fobs so all they have to do us press the button on the car door handle to open it. They can't start the car, but they can take your stuff. The article recommended possibly putting your key fob in the refrigerator or wrapping it in aluminum foil to block the signal. It's always something!

Extremely frustrating! I had that happen once. My condolences.

Does your car have the key fob that you just need to keep in your pocket? I heard there are signal amplifiers that thieves can use to amplify the signal from those key fobs so all they have to do us press the button on the car door handle to open it. They can't start the car, but they can take your stuff. The article recommended possibly putting your key fob in the refrigerator or wrapping it in aluminum foil to block the signal. It's always something!

Well, that's not something I have to worry about. It is a late nineties model Dodge pickup. It had remote something-er-other years before I got it.

I hate that those low life scumbags stole your pens. They probably have no appreciation for them. I hope you can find another 1980 Parker.

That really is a shame, and I'm sorry to read about it.

I know how frustrating it is to have things pilfered, particularly when the thief invades your space to do it. And it's particularly galling when they take something that had meaning and value for you, but which the thief can't possibly appreciate.

I'm not usually an "eye for an eye" kind of person, but I really can't stand people that steal from others. Thieves should lose their hands if caught.

Ack! I just realized my TWSBI wrench was in there! Can replacements for those be had from TWSBI?

I just changed the ink and was going to open it up for the first time to give my TWSBI Mini Classic its first thorough cleaning and realized that the wrench was in the bag. I knew there was more in there! :crying:

Top Bottom