What's new

It's Finally Happening!

Congrats my friend that is exciting news!!! Safe travels to you and your family and I look forward to the bier and baccy updates.

Still west of Prague but a little north of Pilsen is a place called Krušovice with a beer of the same name. Seek it out for sampling as well.

I think we should just go ahead are reserve a B&B table for a tent this September.

Oktoberfest tents are over-rated, IMHO. When I went a couple years ago, it was just awful 70s and 80s music sung by a German house band (stuff like "I Will Survive"), drunk Americans, and mediocre Bavarian lager. And the girls are all mainly older German tanks who can carry like 20 liter mugs at once. Don't screw with them... they'll F you up.

Now the actual restaurants in Munich? Awesome. Some of the best food that I've ever had and they actually have a decent beer selection. Only downside is that they only serve from Bavarian breweries... meaning no Schneider (best German beermaker IMHO).

As a side note... this is the greatest non-Belgian beer that I've ever had.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
When I went a couple years ago, it was just awful 70s and 80s music sung by a German house band (stuff like "I Will Survive"), drunk Americans, and mediocre Bavarian lager. And the girls are all mainly older German tanks who can carry like 20 liter mugs at once. Don't screw with them... they'll F you up.

Sign me up!

First off, congratulations.

Second, when I saw this thread I thought it was announcing the 2015 LE Pipe. :(

Same here.

Thank you, and sorry. I apologize for that.

Ok now you are really making me jealous. Dusseldorf Alt Bier (Urige) is my favorite all time beer with Czech Pils a close second. I would sample every Pils I could find, don't forget Budvice.

Regansberg was another nice vist that isn't too far from Stuttgart. There is a big church there where the former Pope once resided and there is a really nice restaurant beside it (sorry can't remember name) that servs great food and Bavarian Bier.

Oh man, you are in for a great experience............ Did I mention i'm jealous :biggrin1:

Much to the chagrin of my wife, I am planning jaunts based on pipes and bier! We might throw a winery/cathedral/castle in there every so often. Maybe.:lol:

Still west of Prague but a little north of Pilsen is a place called Krušovice with a beer of the same name. Seek it out for sampling as well.

Oktoberfest tents are over-rated, IMHO. When I went a couple years ago, it was just awful 70s and 80s music sung by a German house band (stuff like "I Will Survive"), drunk Americans, and mediocre Bavarian lager. And the girls are all mainly older German tanks who can carry like 20 liter mugs at once. Don't screw with them... they'll F you up.

Now the actual restaurants in Munich? Awesome. Some of the best food that I've ever had and they actually have a decent beer selection. Only downside is that they only serve from Bavarian breweries... meaning no Schneider (best German beermaker IMHO).

As a side note... this is the greatest non-Belgian beer that I've ever had.

proxy.php

I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind! I am open to trying new biers and I will be in the perfect place to do it.

I appreciate all of your well wishes. I will still be a regular here on the B&B. The cool thing about it is that I will have access to an APO mailbox. Smokingpipes.com has free shipping to APOs! I wonder if McCranies does? I may have to stop by there before I leave.

Wow this is completely unexpected but so awesome. If you're happy, I'm happy for you. I would love to move there.

Ditto! I'd love to visit Germany, and the real Oktoberfest is on my bucket list. The one in Frankenmuth is fun, but it's just a small town festival.

Congrats on your move and new job!

Thanks.

Wow this is completely unexpected but so awesome. If you're happy, I'm happy for you. I would love to move there.

I am extremely happy, Andrew. And feel free to drop by anytime!

Now comes the hard part. Deciding what tobaccos to take with me. And what pipes! Hmmm.....

Thanks, guys. It finally got real. The flight has been booked, temp housing reserved and a **** ton of paperwork still remaining to be filled out.

By the way, I have given the FBI and NSA all of your names and addresses as references. I knew you guys wouldn't mind! :lol:

I studied for several quarters back in the '70s about a half hour from Stuttgart and would take the train there often. Lovely part of the world with friendly folks. Have a wonderful time!

Dave

I studied for several quarters back in the '70s about a half hour from Stuttgart and would take the train there often. Lovely part of the world with friendly folks. Have a wonderful time!

Dave

Thanks, Dave. Feel free to stop by for a bier and a smoke anytime!

Top Bottom