What's new

πŸŽƒ πŸ‚ 🍁 🍎 πŸ₯§ β€œIt’s Fall!” SOTD Theme Week - September 18th, 2023 to September 24th, 2023 πŸ‚ 🍁 🍎 πŸ₯§ πŸŽƒ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor - Carbon Cx-Damtanium
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - Marley Machine Works Custom Timascus
Software - Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
750F50DF-D68E-49D8-BBAD-A0AB2354BF31.jpeg
Β 
Time to get into fall, my Atomic Pumpkin arrived yesterday, so I’ll take that as a sign.

SOTD: 09/24/2023

Razor: PAA Bakelite Slant
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Preshave: PAA The Cube 2.0
Soap: PAA Atomic Pumpkin
Aftershave: PAA Atomic Pumpkin
Additional Care: Thayer’s Lavender WH
Fragrance: YSL Body Kouros EdT
IMG_5945.jpeg

5 out of 5 stars, DFS and BBS
Β 
Razor: Wolfman WR2 SB 0.95 with WRH1 Handle solid, SS Basic polish
Blade: Gillette Light Blue Platinum (1)
Brush: Wald A1
Preshave: Proraso Menthol Pre shave
Soap: Proraso Menthol Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Menthol Aftershave Splash, Proraso Menthol Aftershave Balm

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

I enjoyed this shave quite a bit with the Wolfman WR2 SB 0.95 SS Basic Polish. It was a quite a enjoyable shave, smooth, gentle, efficient shave. I enjoy this blade gap with the handle WRH1 handle.

The Gillette Light Blue Plantiums, I really like them, they are sharp and smooth for me, I really enjoy them, they have become one of my favorite blades.

Used the Wald A1 for a third time now. I got this brush more dialed in, or alot more with splaying, it was quite easy on both sides now without no really issues at all. The water to soap ratio, like has been said, made the difference and just getting more familiar with it. It really is a fantastic synthetic brush, really is and all the praise it gets, imho, it is worthy of. Not much to add here.

The Proraso menthol lineup, have not used in a long time but used it all, pre shave, cream, splash then waited 20 minutes to use the balm. I really liked it, its nice amount of menthol, I always think it could be more but that is just me but overall a really pleasant lineup to use, made the shaving experience really enjoyable for me.

I used Alum Block, had very little feedback, am really liking that I am using Alum again and the combo of Alum then an alcohol splash, especially a menthol one, was great to enjoy.

My 1st pass WTG, 2nd pass WTG/XTG with touch ups, 3rd pass ATG leaving me a very nice DFS+/BBS with no cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation or I should say very little to the point where I call it zero.

Overall, very enjoyable shave.

20230924_202001.jpg
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom