What's new

It's definitely the malt time of year

It's a different breed. More body, darker color, much more complex but not overly so. Would I spend the difference on myself on a regular basis? Probably not. The 12 yr old is is $39.90 for 750mL, the 18 yr old is $74.95. And I think that's a seasonal sale price. I think it's usually near $100. It's very very good stuff and it was a wonderful gift. Maybe it could be an annual Christmas buy!
I'd like to think I have those bottles for a long time to enjoy them. (Actually they run out pretty quick). But it's nice to have several open bottles so I can choose whatever I like that evening, including some more expensive ones.

My 'favorite' so far is the Bowmore 18yrs, but it is definitely not something I would drink most of the time. I do like the softer whiskys (like Glenlivet) too.

Bunnahabhain is an excellent malt and vastly under rated. I may need to snag another bottle...

I just opened on Christmas Day and I have to say it's exquisite.

Although it has a higher alcohol content than other malts I've tried, it is very smooth. Also the peat is more of an undertone, and not a central note, like in Laphroaig, for example.

Scored a Brobdingnagian 1L bottle of Talisker 10Y (shown next to a pedestrian 750ml Bowmore). Nice bottle with a lot of peat smoke and a spicy finish.

A must-have winter warmer to curb the chill in southern California.

Top Bottom