What's new

Itchy scalp and face when sweating

I've had this problem as far as i can remember myself. Anytime i start sweating, my scalp feels really itchy. Face not so bad, but also. I don't get any allergic reactions or something, i mean no redness etc. But all i want to do is scratch my head and face. It always annoying me, but i never really thought what can i do for that. It not depend on any particular skin care products i use also. Anyone else have this problem? What can i do about that? Thanks.

Yep, I have the same problem. I like to go to the gym and do cardio. As soon as I start, my scalp just starts itching...drives me crazy. I've always struggled with dry scalp and dandruff. My hair is thinning now (40yrs old), but this even happened when I had a thick head of hair.

I use Chagrin Valley Hair Shampoo bars and Jojoba Oil as a leave in conditioner. I've gotten some relief in general, but when I start to just think about getting hot or a little sweaty, the itch is on (uncomfortable as heck). I even tried clipping my hair to help (#1 all over). That did help a little.

What's your hair situation?

I have Psoriasis and oily skin. I use Aleppo soap or shampoo bars, and Argan oil conditioner. No SLS/SLES. I regularly use Polytar or T-Gel. My head still itches occasionally, but I have to have a shower twice a day otherwise I wouldn't sleep or would be scratching my head all day.....

Contact a dermatologist - it could be Psoriasis, Dermatitis or another skin condition...

Yep, I have the same problem. I like to go to the gym and do cardio. As soon as I start, my scalp just starts itching...drives me crazy. I've always struggled with dry scalp and dandruff. My hair is thinning now (40yrs old), but this even happened when I had a thick head of hair.

I use Chagrin Valley Hair Shampoo bars and Jojoba Oil as a leave in conditioner. I've gotten some relief in general, but when I start to just think about getting hot or a little sweaty, the itch is on (uncomfortable as heck). I even tried clipping my hair to help (#1 all over). That did help a little.

What's your hair situation?

I normally keep my hairs trimmed at #1 or no longer then maybe #3. It seems to help a little if i have shorter hairs, so i think about shaving bald in summer, but don't think that it solves problem completely. As i am young (23yrs old) i have thick dense hairs in general. I also tend to have some dandruff, though. As far as i know, i don't have any medical skin conditions and i'm not allergic to almost nothing in this world. :001_huh:

That's weird. That happens to me once in a while. I also get sweaty hands and feet once a while too. Always wondered what causes that.

This came straight from my barber , bin all your fancy shampoo's and pick up some J*hnson's baby shampoo , however be prepared for some funny looks at the gym , I have an excuse as my son was born in december :laugh:

Johnson baby shampoo, lol?
I haven't tried that. Lately I've been shampooing my hair once a week (I shower daily, rinse my hair thoroughly, and condition it daily). That really helps with the dryness.

However, my hair gets itchy quite often, especially as it grows more.
The same goes for my face as my facial hair starts getting more than a day's worth of growth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom