What's new

Issues with Russian Blades

I could switch to PolSilvers I guess. They are nice and at least we have good political relations with Poland.

I find it interesting how politics has reached all the way into my morning shave. All the politics nonsense was not in my backyard but now it is serious when they mess with my BBS.

Polsilvers are made in the same factory as all the other Russian blades. They haven't been made in Poland for some time

in any case, I don't think we're doomed to see another 100 years of soviet bloc style sanctions. In the mean time just enjoy the other excellent choices out there (Personna, Feather, Indian Gillettes, don't forget the Sharks, etc.), although there are still loads of Russian blades on the bay and amazon...

Last edited:
Polsilvers are made in the same factory as all the other Russian blades. They haven't been made in Poland for some time

in any case, I don't think we're doomed to see another 100 years of soviet bloc style sanctions. In the mean time just enjoy the other excellent choices out there (Personna, Feather, Indian Gillettes, don't forget the Sharks, etc.), although there are still loads of Russian blades on the bay and amazon...
Are you sure? My last pack of PolSilvers said they were made at the PG factory in Warsaw.

There are still a few packs of NOS Polsilvers floating around Poland....if you ever go,try and find them,they rate at the top...

I wouldn't mind trying a Polsilver blade. If they're made in safe factory as other Russian blades I would assume the the quality is comparable.

I think it's fine to be self-contradictory.

Buy all the Russian blades you want, because they're so good. Everything else, buy American.

Competition is the American way.

There are still a few packs of NOS Polsilvers floating around Poland....if you ever go,try and find them,they rate at the top...
I am unfamiliar with the NOS PolSilver blades. I have a few friends in Poland and now I'm interested.

Where would one even go to fine these mythical NOS Polsilver blades in Poland?

I'd love to "go American" if Med Prep blades weren't so eye-gougingly expensive.

On the other hand, GSBs can still be purchased for around $20 for 100. Or if you want to buy US, get Feathers.

As of today, I'm set for a little while. ^_^

$20140913_170123_HDR.jpg

As of today, I'm set for a little while. ^_^

View attachment 495518

I'm guessing from your photo you stocked up on the Voskhods at Shaveabuck? - so did I :001_smile A bit off topic, but have you tried the Roses of Bulgaria Lavender cream in your photo yet? I have the Rose version, along with the Rose A/S both of which I really like (the A/S is fantastic!) and am sorely tempted to go back for the Lavender version also.

-s

I'm guessing from your photo you stocked up on the Voskhods at Shaveabuck? - so did I :001_smile A bit off topic, but have you tried the Roses of Bulgaria Lavender cream in your photo yet? I have the Rose version, along with the Rose A/S both of which I really like (the A/S is fantastic!) and am sorely tempted to go back for the Lavender version also.

-s

You'd be right :-D. And no I have not, I meant to this morning but I went for my tub of Valobra instead. I'll use it next time for sure though and I will get back to you about how it is.

You'd be right :-D. And no I have not, I meant to this morning but I went for my tub of Valobra instead. I'll use it next time for sure though and I will get back to you about how it is.

Thanks Trent - If it's on par with the Rose version, I think you're in for a treat (especially at that price).

-scott

-s

RazorsDirect.com still have 100 GSB selling for $20.99 unless you use the coupon code 'CUSTSERV' which knocks 10% off, if it still works. Hope that helps!

RazorsDirect.com still have 100 GSB selling for $20.99 unless you use the coupon code 'CUSTSERV' which knocks 10% off, if it still works. Hope that helps!

Unfortunately it appears the code is no longer valid - still a decent buy though, thanks for the tip!

-s

Top Bottom