What's new

Issue with Razor Blade Replacement Alignment

Hello,

I own a knife that closely resembles the one shown in your video. As evident from the video, the blade alignment is not correct after replacement.

Here is the link to the video:

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I can replace the razor blade, but it sits slightly askew.

Could you please explain or provide tips on how I can replace the razor blade in such a way that it is properly aligned?

Thank you in advance.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Hi and welcome to B&B. I had one shavette that wouldn't align the blade for me. Unfortunately the posts that held the blade were slightly off, I had to just bin it. Yours could maybe have the same problem. If your using DE blades snapped in half try loading it with the curled up ends facing down, I found the it helps keeping the blade in place. Hope some of this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Hi and welcome to B&B. I had one shavette that wouldn't align the blade for me. Unfortunately the posts that held the blade were slightly off, I had to just bin it. Yours could maybe have the same problem. If your using DE blades snapped in half try loading it with the curled up ends facing down, I found the it helps keeping the blade in place. Hope some of this helps. Let us know how you get on.
Unfortunately, that didn't work so well either. Can you recommend another razor?

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I found that most of the shavette razors of that type with the swing arm are mostly the same razor only with a different name on them. I've never owned one but from what I've heard the Parker shavette seems to be of a higher quality.

Top Bottom