What's new

Iron Society Firm Hold pomade review

iron.jpg

Today I'll be looking at Iron Society Firm Hold pomade. This pomade is made out of Brooklyn, New York. I had to use some pressure to scoop the pomade out of the jar. The stuff is thick, but it spreads easily compared to Schmiere Rock Hard and Lockhart's Heavy Hold pomade. I added 2 scoops of Iron Society Firm Hold pomade to my dry hair. Right away, I noticed the shine of the pomade. It reminds me a lot of Lockhart's Goon Grease and Fire and Brimstone Heavy hold pomade. Those pomades come in a 4 oz tin rather than the smaller 3 oz jar that Iron Society Firm Hold is sold at, and they're less expensive at $13.90 for a 4oz tin than the $16 for Iron Society.

My hair is looking good in terms of shine with Iron Society pomade. Unfortunately, the hold is nowhere near the level I would expect for an expensive pomade like Iron Society Firm Hold. For the price of the pomade, I would prefer it to be a rock hard heavy hold. That's the problem I have with Iron Society pomade. It's more of a cologne type of pomade than a practical one.

Iron Society Heavy Hold pomade sells for $16 for a 3oz jar. The price point for The Iron society Firm pomade is a little out of touch with the normal price for an oil based pomade. The makers of Iron Society are likely counting on the pomade becoming popular by word of mouth rather than by selling it at an affordable price that would attract more people to want to use it. Iron Society Firm Hold pomade is one of the higher priced home brew oil-based pomades on the market. Iron Society has a dedicated following of a small number of people, but it hasn't exploded in popularity like Lockhart's Goon Grease. The name for the Iron Society isn't catchy enough, and of course, the price is tad too high in my opinion. If the makers of the Iron Society increase the amount of product from 3 oz to 4.7 oz. per jar and drop the price considerably to $9 or $10 per jar, this stuff my sell better. The price definitely needs tweaking for the Iron Society, as it's just WAY too high in my view.

Pros
  • Shine
  • Scent
  • Hold
Cons
  • Price - very expensive at $16 for a 3 oz. jar
  • Longevity - hold doesn't last as long as I'd like
  • Not enough product for the steep price
  • Difficult to wash out

This product comes in an old fashioned looking glass jar that looks like something you'd see from the distant past. It has a screw on lid.

Iron Society fairly slick product with a good shine, decent hold and superb fragrance. The scent of The Iron Society Firm Hold pomade is really what makes this hard to dislike. This stuff smells great!

The product would be more popular if the price was in the $6 region. I feels it's worth that much. I don't rate it as being a better pomade than High Life Medium, High Life Heavy or the Voodoo Brew pomades. Those pomades sell for between $9 and $10 per tin. Iron Society pomade, both the firm and the Original, have a really nice scent. That and the shine of the pomade is the selling point. I purchased my Iron Society pomade for $16 for a 3oz jar, which is what it sells for on their website. The pomade is a bit pricey for what it does.

Iron Society Firm hold pomade is a good product if you're looking for a firm hold pomade with good shine. If you don't want to go through the added step of adding a shiny topper to a cheap firm hold pomade, then Iron Society Firm is the perfect pomade for you. They've already done the work for you, and they've also included a nice fragrance.

iron5.jpg

At $16 for a 3oz jar of Iron Society Firm Hold pomade, you're probably going to be spending a decent amount of money per month on hair care products. I use at least 6 oz of pomade per month. If Iron Society Firm hold pomade was my go to, I would be spending roughly $32 per month on pomade. It's not an issue for me, but I think it would be for a student or someone that doesn't have the means to spend this kind of money on pomade. The producers of Iron Society pomade would do themselves and their customers a world of good if they dropped their price to a more affordable price of say $3 to $6 per jar. That's what I feel the pomade is worth. I personally don't rate Iron Society Firm hold as a $16 pomade.

Ingredients: White Petrolatum, Beeswax, Lanolin, Essential Oils

Hold: Firm

Shine: Medium

Price: $16 for 3oz jar

Scent: Spicy/smokey scent

Washibility: Iron Society Firm hold pomade washes out in approximately 2 shampoos

---

Selling The Iron Society Firm Hold pomade out of a glass container is probably costly. For a fairly new product on the market, it's perhaps not the wisest move for the makers of The Iron Society to sell it out of a glass jar and sell the pomade for above what most oil base pomades go for. Ideally, you want to sell the pomade at a cheaper price at first so you can develop a large market. Once the market is there for the pomade, then you drive the price sky-high . The makers of Iron Society have done it backwards. They're selling the pomade at a high price right off the bat.

Top Bottom