What's new

Inkless pens?

Are inkless pens any good?

• Yep, go for it

• Nope, don't bother

Results are only viewable after voting.
Has anyone used one of these or an inkless pen? I think they look kinda cool.....

Am thinking about getting one, thoughts?

http://justwrite.com.au/Beta-Inkless-Pen-by-Axel-Weinbrecht-Black

$beta-pen-inkless-pen-black-700x393.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have no experience with it but it does not appeal to me. I'm not sure what problem it would solve other than for lefties who would smear their ink, so I voted No. But in true B&B fashion, YOU should buy it and provide us with a full review!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Sounds interesting, but I wonder if it needs periodic sharpening to maintain the point. If so, the shavings will probably eat 90% of the projected lifespan.

I had no idea such a tool existed.
You know, I think I heard my wife say that about halfway through our first date. :bored:

But in true B&B fashion, YOU should buy it and provide us with a full review!

I will more than likely end up doing just that :lol: I am on sabbatical at the moment, but the same company (where this is available) is bringing out a new range of FP inks, being Aus made, I'm keen to try.

Sounds interesting, but I wonder if it needs periodic sharpening to maintain the point.

Apparently, according to the page, it doesn't need sharpening, but the point will need to be refined with sandpaper after a while.

I don't believe they should market as a "inkless pen". Maybe "almost a pencil"? The online reviews have been less than impressive.

The ad copy says you can sharpen it with sandpaper as it will blunt over time.

I could see this being useful for somethings, but I wonder how practical this really is. If it lays down a line like HB pencil, it wouldn't be suitable for anything that you would normally want to write with a pen. I'd really want to try one before laying down $35.00.

They pop up on massdrop pretty often, and I believe there's one on there now. It looks kind of interesting, but never interesting enough that I would spend the money. Still, if it keeps popping up frequently enough, I may be tempted to pick one up eventually.

Top Bottom