What's new

Ink Review: Diamine Majestic Blue

Review of Diamine Majestic Blue

$Diamine Majestic Blue.jpg

So did you notice the red sheen with the ink? It forms where the ink puddles like starts and stops. Its not as prominent as my 1670 RH's gold sheen but you can definitely see it when you hold it at an angle to the light.
Its more pronounced on papers like Clairefontaine and rhodia because of the coationg on the paper.
I like that ink!!!
If you aren't getting tg sheen, look at the bottom of the bottle. There's probably a pinkish substance around the perimeter. You need to shake the bottle (cap on lol) until this disappears. Then ink up the pen.
Also if you decant into sample vials like I do to not contaminate the bottle, you have to shake the bottle before doing this.
Since yours is a sample and I'm sure the Goulet shook the bottle before making the samples and you haven't shaken the vial, you will see it if you slowly turn the vial upside down. At the bade of the vial where it comes to a point you will see solid stuff there. Don't worry its supposed to be. Shake before filling to incorporate that into ye ink. Its what causes the sheen. If you've already filled, put the ink from your pen back into the vial and shake then refill, so the proportions are right. Otherwise if you just shake thale stuff into what's left, it will be too concentrated ink the ink.
Anyway I hope u enjoy the ink!!

So did you notice the red sheen with the ink?

I did not really notice this until I used a wider nib. The following scan, (including mistakes) on Rhodia paper shows more of the shading, but the dark areas have a pronounced red sheen. This is a very enjoyable ink with which to write.

$Diamine Majestic Blue 2.jpg

Last edited:
I also noticed that the bottle should be shaken because some of the particles in it are the red sheen. Just like old formulation 1670 hematite.
If not shaken I'd think you run the risk of concentrating the sheen too much as the level of the bottle lowers.
I just shake before each fill. If you look at the bottom of the bottle, mostly around the bottom edges and in the bottom corners you will see am opaque substance. This is what I speak of. I shake until its all incorporated.

Mr. Penman Sapphire is at the door ... he wants his ink back!

Nice review ... looks like a "must try" ink.

Top Bottom