What's new

injector cartridge refill/recycle?

I haven't found this here or in GIS, but wanted to ask anyway in case I simply had the wrong search terms.
The injector cartridge is a pretty sturdy piece of hardware and seems like it could be reused rather than remanufactured all the time. I'm sure it must contribute much to the expense of the blades. Is anyone aware of any refilling program, either now or in the past, as is done with, for example, printer cartridges?
Thanks

Peter
73 de AD7EU

No, you have to do it yourself which is possible, as there are unpackaged injector blades out there. Can't remember the distributor. I know someone on B&B has refilled his cartridges and hopefully will post here.

I've filled empty Injector Carts using a jewelers screwdriver to push down on the plate or blade already in the cartridge, I bought the Personna Shaper Blades, which come in a cart without a tab here; http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006PQD7I/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

IME, I found these to be consistently smoother from shave to shave than the "Chicks", 2 packs of the Personnas were $18.28 or 45.7 cents per blade, the four pack of "chicks" @$21.65, work out to 77.3 cents per blade with free shipping, and $24.14 including shipping works out to 86.2 cents per blade.

Add; BTW you can buy a carton of 12 dispenser, 20 blade per dispenser injectors for $37.00 here; http://www.razorbladeco.com/products/24-89-0043-coated-injector-blade-in-dispensers.aspx
They do require a $50.00 minimum order, but also carry Single Edge & DE Blades. I just e-mailed them for the make of the injectors; Schick or Personna, and asked if the Tab was Metal or Plastic, I'll post the answer upon receipt for those that are curious.

They're Really Fast, 5 minute response, Personna brand with the Metal Tab, as a side note that's 240 blades and works out to 15.4 cents before tax and shipping.

ADD #2; Since I got curious, I put the injectors in the cart with a 100 count of Gem Extra Sharp Coated Single Edge Blades, $58.00 total, $5.08 Tx & $7.01 Shipping FedEx = $70.09, works out to 20.6 cents for 340 blades. The Personna SS Surgical Prep DE blades were a bit steep @ $73.50 for 250 Blades, with the injectors it's $110.50, $9.67 Tx & $9.41 FedEx = $129.58 or 26.4 cents for 490 blades. The shipping was for my Zip, YRMV.

Last edited:
They're from the same Vendor Peter, one drawback is that they are Carbon Steel, and without being able to completely dry them between uses they will rust. They are more likely to be used in the Hair Shaper tool which is used to clean up around the neck and ears after a haircut, they do carry the Stainless Steel for ~$50 more.

Would those carbon blade work if the SE razor was placed in alcohol after each use?

I'd say more than likely since Alcohol displaces the water. I don't know if the Carbon Steel would be better than the SS in performance and a 1000 Blade investment is a bit steep. I just checked the Blade description for the uncoated CS & uncoated SS, which states; These are our Uncoated carbon steel injector blades. Packaged 1000 blades per carton and supplied on bayonets, these blades are ideal for heavy industrial use. Try our #27-151 for bulk coated injector blades made in stainless steel.

The description for the Coated SS Blades states; Perfect for Barber and Beauty Supply stores, Barber Shops, and other industries needing quick and safe dispensing of high quality injector blades. The Coated SS Bulk Injectors, 1000 Blades are $132.30 with Tx & shipping to LV = $153 or 15.3 cents per blade. Using my Mom's L.I., NY zip adds $1.55 to the shipping cost, for you guys on the East Coast.

I remember my grampa using carbon blades back in my youth, but these might have been old blades designed for shaving. I'm not quite sure if I want to use industrial blades...:scared:

Top Bottom