What's new

Indulgence of the Night 10/16 - 10/22

ouch said:
:lol:

Oh, you're one of those guys.

Nice (t)ouch dude!

I'm not one of them guys but I'm fast becoming one and I think it's your damn fault. :cool:

Your audio thread got me interested in listening again. Haven't had much time what with a 60 hour work week. Well I pulled out my old Dual turntable and it needed some work. The RCA connectors were heavily corroded. I bought some at an electronics store and soldered them on.

Then started making interconnects and speaker wire with CAT 5. They work really well. Surprisingly so I'd say after AXBing for awhile but then again the cables I had were the typical stuff you get with electronics equipment.

Well my old Yamaha receiver just isn't cutting it because of some sound issues from age so I have someone who is giving me a Luxman Preamp/Tuner in a couple of weeks. I'm going to be building a tube amplifier in about a month or so. Singled ended, low power and extremely quiet. I'm also going to be building a pair of horn speakers with full range drivers. I love doing the DIY stuff.

So I guess I should be saying thank you! That thread got me back into something that I really enjoyed in the past.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Glad to be of service.:001_tt2:

You'll need horns with those little SET tube amps. My Maggies don't allow for that, so I'm limited to a tubed preamp. Good luck with the project.

Sunday Indulgences:

Thai food with some friends and then Darwin's Origin of the Species (Despite the fact that I'm reading this for the third time and that its for a presentation, this work is always a joy to read and everyone should read it, at least, once.

Comfort food again: pan-roasted chicken with Vermouth/sage sauce. For veggies, I found myself in a pinch, so I made use of some underappreciated staples: "baby" carrots roasted in a 450 degree oven, then glazed with a bit of marmalade, as well as braised celery. Dynamite. Had some ciabatta to sop up the sauce.

Are you using this for a speaker application? Have you ever tried this with coax.. you use the braid shield as your second conductor...?

Top Bottom