What's new

I'm sure it would have cleaned up, but...

I was walking an antiques shop with several vendors at tables outside this morning. I found an old steel or tin case and opened it to find a 1940s SS. The handle had some green spots on it, but it looked as though an old man with a white beard had shaved his beard, clogging the razor with whiskers and soap, and died. Right then. Either that or he shaved his cat with it. Nastiest razor I have ever seen. I should have picked it up for the challenge. I'm sure it would have cleaned up fine. Didn't get a price. Sorry for no photos...

I've always found it bit odd how many vintage razors are found looking like the last user simply put the razor away in the middle of a shave.

I went back at 4PM just cause I like a challenge, but they were gone. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting a price at least.

Oh...and there was an Autostrop in a ratty case, too. Passed on it as well.

Last edited:
I actually passed on the 5 razors that I picked up at an antique store the first time I saw them. I waited a week as I read more and more about cleaning and just how much crud you can clean off these razors. Luckily when I went back they were still there and I was able to get a great deal on awesome razors.

Top Bottom