IAMSPARTACUS

Where do you live?
Chicago

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Futures and Equities Trader

What is your favorite shave setup?
Muhle R41 - I am still working on the rest of the setup

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Markets, Economics, Reading, Chess, Exercise

What else should the members of B&B know about you?

I have been shaving with a really cheap Gillette DE razor I bought in China for close to a decade. I was using Shark blades at the time. However, I was shaving with Barbasol type shaving cream products all that time.

I bought a new razor, R41, in October of 2023 and fell down the wet shaving rabbit hole. While I have near 10 years of experience shaving with a DE razor, the R41 humbled me. I use TOBS Cedarwood, but can't seem to get the cream to work for me. I also have tried Proraso Red and have had way better performance.

Last edited:
Welcome James.

I have experience with several of the TOOBs creams, but not the Cedarwood. I think I read here where some members were having trouble with the Sandalwood. The scents that I have used have all worked exactly the same, they just love more water than some other creams for me. Good luck with that.

Thanks.

That's what another member advised. I was using quite a bit of water, but there were some small bubbles in it so I guess I need to find the right balance.

I was in another thread and a member mentioned Cedarwood was an under performer in their line and it didn't have the same slickness and cushion as the others. Food for thought I guess. 🤔

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
No, I say "welcome, James".

1706140013999.png

Top Bottom