What's new

I tried the Veg this morning

Why are you doing this to yourself
The downside of frugality. I allowed myself to be talked into trying it. It only comes in a giant 12 oz bottle and it was so tightly sealed that I couldn’t open it in the car but had to use pliers at home. I am revolted by the stench but I’m too cheap to throw it away. Using it up is my just desserts for allowing myself to be persuaded to try it and buying it without a sampling.

I decanted a full bottle of The Veg into an original glass Veg bottle a few weeks ago. Found the glass bottle at an antique mall.

But I have another new plastic bottle to compare it to, which I did yesterday. The glass bottle Veg has become more mellow. The new Veg still in plastic is stronger.

I want to decant more of the Pinaud line into glass. The only glass bottle available now is Frank's Red Hot sauce. The cap is perfect for this. Except I've still got a third of the hot sauce left, so I'm adding hot sauce to all sorts of stuff so I can get to sanitizing that bottle. I want to try "Special Reserve" next.
Crystal hot sauce bottles work great and that are very inexpensive . The hot sauce is also very good. Much better than Texas Pete.

Attachments

• 20230814_183303.jpg
    20230814_183303.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 4
The downside of frugality. I allowed myself to be talked into trying it. It only comes in a giant 12 oz bottle and it was so tightly sealed that I couldn’t open it in the car but had to use pliers at home. I am revolted by the stench but I’m too cheap to throw it away. Using it up is my just desserts for allowing myself to be persuaded to try it and buying it without a sampling.
I ordered a 1.7 oz bottle from Pinaud.

Top Bottom