What's new

I think i just bought. Old

Wanted to give the 1920 Ball end a good try so I waited for 1.5 days so I'd have plenty for it to cut.
I took the GSB blade out of my E.J. razor and put it in the Ball End for the blades second shave. Used it once in the EJ and now in the Ball End. I was very gentle as I hear they are very aggressive razors. Was a little curious about the open comb too so paid close attension to the feel of the comb.
IMHO I couldn't feel the comb teeth. It is a wee bit small in size and light weight compared to my other razors but I really didn't feel the razor at all. In fact I went for a three pass shave as the first two went so smooth I felt I was ok for a third. After that I tried to buff a couple spots that were not BBS but it wasn't helping so I just put it down before I did something stupid.

I have to say I got a DFS and after cleanup and some AS I feel pretty good about my shave. As close a shave as I've gotten with my other razors and very comfortable. No irritation at all. Didn't feel I needed to use the Alum Bar on my face so I didn't. I'm very happy with the shave I got. It might have some to do with the GSB blade or just the way the razor was made. I didn't feel it was aggressive at all. mater-of-fact I didn't feel the razor much at all on my face. The EJ razor I feel more on my face. Now this could also be because I've been practicing building lather and maybe I finally got a slick lather going and that is causing the touch of the razor being close to nothing. Or maybe it has to do with the razor being so much lighter than the others.:blink:

I just know I got a great shave, no irritation and comfortable. Not a BBS shave as I still haven't gotten one of those no mater how I try but I'm very happy about my 1920 Ball End Brass razor that I paid less than 8 dollars for including the shipping!!!:thumbup:

Now to wait a few week to buy more razors as the wife is starting to give me the evil eye!:angry:

I still need to give the 1966 Mexican Aluminum Tech a try but think I'll wait a few days on that. I think its going to be going in my travel kit when I get to making one.

Excellent my friend!!! :thumbup:

I keep telling people that the OLD's are smooth, user friendly shavers, but someone, somewhere, must have said that they were killers, and now they have a reputation they just can't shake! I love my OLD type Gillette's!!! :thumbup:

I'll say it again, The Gillette OLD type is a smooth, user friendly razor!!! It will not hurt you!!!

Excellent my friend!!! :thumbup:

I keep telling people that the OLD's are smooth, user friendly shavers, but someone, somewhere, must have said that they were killers, and now they have a reputation they just can't shake! I love my OLD type Gillette's!!! :thumbup:

I'll say it again, The Gillette OLD type is a smooth, user friendly razor!!! It will not hurt you!!!

And I'll second that!

Top Bottom