What's new

I made some Ribs

I've been watching M*A*S*H since its been on Netflix. I hit the episode about Hawkeye ordering 40lbs of ribs from Chicago on Friday night. I couldn't stop thinking about ribs.

Saturday morning I ran into a stand at the farmers market that sells local raised heratige pork so I picked up a rack.

First I did a dry rub of brown sugar, salt, old bay, chili powder and onion powder. Let that chill for an hour.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430096754.117164.jpg

Then I made up my braising liquid. IPA, cider vinegar, garlic. Wrapped it up in foil and poured in the liquid. Let that go in the oven on 225 for 3 hours.

I pulled it out, and started reducing down the liquid, and also added in about 1/2 cup of yellow mustard. Let that reduce until it was nice and thick.

I slathered it all over the rack and threw it on a hot grill to get a good sear on both sides.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430097028.132336.jpg

We made some oven onion rings and were in business.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430097077.791344.jpg

Sad to say I forgot the cole slaw, but we did have plenty of Gin

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430097125.466128.jpg

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I do ribs in my barbecue pit very often. It's my favorite way to do it, but it'll take a few to several hours to get it done. I don't always have a day to cook ribs.

Ribs done on the grill can be truly amazing, and those look like they are! Done in a fraction of the time, too!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Ribs are something I make often during summer. I always need to make 2 recipes, a spicy and non-spicy version as not everyone likes it spicy like I do. I do it with a Jerk chicken marinade sometimes or I use a few ancho, jalapenos, etc that I mash to make my sauce.

The non-spicy version is often honey-garlic.

I do the same where I cook the rib over coals. I mostly use indirect cooking when I do them, I will try direct next time.

Top Bottom