What's new

I love DR Harris (and other reasons you should ignore my reviews of ANYTHING)

That, my friend, was one of the best posts I've ever read. Hell, that might be up there with TG material!!! :thumbup:

I must admit, many of your insights about yourself remind me of myself actually. The honesty was also very refreshing.

Great and informative post!
I see this as an omen of a new and modern ignorant age of shaving.

ignorance is bliss,

ignorance is fashionable,

ignorant is new knowledgeable

Let's shave silly

:c13:

I am currently in the state of silly age so you will all understand.

Great post!

I love three DR Harris items: their lavender shaving stick, bay rum hair tonic (with oil), and military wet packs.

I work close to the DR Harris. It looks pretty much like the picture in the postcard! (And Taylors is just round the corner)

It a shame the two creams I have tried, Arlington and Marlborough, didn't really do it for me!

I noticed my in-laws always ordered "Beefeater Martinis". When I asked why they said it was their favorite gin. I set up a taste test for them. Out of the 5 gins I offered them, all in the same price range, Beefeaters came out dead last for both of them. They continued to order Beefeater Martinis though because it was "their favorite gin".

I know where you're coming from. I wanted to test Harris' new Windsor scent. Upon first smelling it I was so revolted I gagged. Of course I'd plastered myself in the stuff by then so I was stuck smelling it for the rest of the day. I shared the nightmare of it with a few people and they didn't dispise it so I tried it again, it wasn't too bad after all. By the end of the day I hated it so much I threw it in the bin. This morning I fished it out of the rubbish, sniffed it once more and was in two minds. So I applied it liberally, thinking I'd try a bit of immersion therapy. I'm sitting here in a state of digust wreathed in the horror that is Windsor; tomorrow I may like it, possibly.

Top Bottom