What's new

I kon Bulldog handle

Does anyone have any feedback in regards to buying this handle? Is it worth the money? I know that varies but wondering if some bought it and thought why did I spend $55 on a handle... I was thinking of buying it to use with either my Muhle R41 or EJ89 head. Thoughts?

They sure look nice ... I've been trying to find a handle for my R41 that is super grippy. That looks like it got pretty deep knurling, which is key for my sloppy hands :). It looks heavy too. I might have to give it a shot.

While I like the EJ DE89, I also like a heavier razor. I guess I have large hands and am a reasonably large guy and the Fatboy and iKon OSS feel very comfortable and natural to me so the option of the Bulldog handle was an opportunity I was glad to grab. It adds considerable weight to the razor and seems to be about as twice as heavy as the standard handle, although I don't have a gram scale to measure it exactly.

The handle adds a lot of weight and changes the balance nicely for me. It also has a very deep and well finished set of knurling providing a super grip.

If you want more weight and better grip then I would say get one.

I have a recently acquired iKon Bulldog that was advertised in the BST as a no-name stainless razor which piqued my curiosity. It is modeled after the #77- except the spinning knob slides out rather than stays fixed. Anyway, it is very similar to the handle you can buy by itself, and the knurling is deep and super grippy. I like it.

I love BRW stuff, but wish his knurling was as crisp and deep as this one. The Weber razor handle can be had for a very fair price and is USA made, looks to have the same type of sharp diamond knurling.

Last edited:
I have an Ikon razor and like it, but if I'm buying a handle I go to Bobs Razorworks. Nae problems with any of the four I own

i pulled the trigger and bought the new bulldog 85mm handle for my DE89 head.
what made me finally give in to the $50 tag was the fact i was able to sell my stock handle on the side.

I have and use an iKon Bulldog (first generation) as my only handle for Merkur heads (open and closed comb), R41 and EJ DE89. It is a fantastic handle and using the same grip every day it helps for better control. In my opinion of course.
I have been using it almost every day since I got it and it still looks like new. The thread fit is excellent for all the razor heads mentioned above and a perfect fit for Feather AS-D1.

I did pay $55 new and I am sure it will last and stay with me till... hopefully for a long time.

I have the Ikon and the Weber bulldog handle and I like the Weber because the knurling is deeper, and its 20 bucks less!

proxy.php

The new Ikon 85mm Bulldog handle is the best of the bunch...IMO. Matches well with anything that it threads onto. Well worth the money, not all the do they have it or not drama of Weber, and very good customer service with quick delivery. Ikon site tells you how many are available. Try that with Weber.

proxy.php
$IMG_1209A.jpg
Top: 85mm Ikon--75 grams/.50" diameter; bottom earlier Bulldog: 67 grams/L 79mm/,50" diameter---My Gillette Tech with 70-gram T2 barrel; L 82mm /.50"+ diameter.

I tried the earlier Bulldog on my DE89 and it was okay, but it didn't bring about a significant difference in feel--I think the short length was a disadvantage. Same with the Bulldog on my Gillette Tech. So I just ordered an 85mm Bulldog from Phil @ BlueGoose (a plug for a good guy and honorable businessman); my sense is that it will deliver an improved feel over the former Ikon handle because of the additional weight and length. I've learned that, for me, a heavier handle improved the shave quality and control of my Gillette Tech, this is with a T2 handle; I will use the 85mm Ikon on a DE89 and perhaps try it on a Tech.

Last edited:
The new Ikon 85mm Bulldog handle is the best of the bunch...IMO. Matches well with anything that it threads onto. Well worth the money, not all the do they have it or not drama of Weber, and very good customer service with quick delivery. Ikon site tells you how many are available. Try that with Weber.

Is this fair when we're talking about handles? Has Weber been known to be out of handles? Or especially not have handles available when it looked from the order page like they did? Just asking. I put a Weber Bulldog on a DE89 head. Great razor. I also have a Weber Classic handle on a Weber head. I like that more, I think (too new to be certain!).

I was recently considering an Ikon Bulldog 85mm ... because Bullgoose has them, and Bullgoose is where I bought the FaTip Grande I was considering it for. But... budget constraints held me back, so far. I'd like a new handle for an R41, too. Considering all of the above, and also considering a GS1 handle. So far I'm switching out the Webers, because I already have them.

From pictures, the Ikon 85mm looks to have very deep knurling. One of the thread comments says Webers is deeper -- is that with the older Ikon, or the newer/larger? I've missed the era of BRW (RIP).

Last edited:
Top Bottom