What's new

I just went on a mad Avon AS buying spree... only to find there's no interest in them

That Lincoln bottle is awesome!

That middle pipe one is cool too, looks like an ancient Greek character or something.

There is an outdoor flea market nearby me that has tons of Vintage Avon bottles. The most unique one I saw was a totally filled bottle shaped like a giant hammer. It was about 10 inches high!! :w00t:

I'm surprised - gratified, but surprised - to see the interest in Avon decanters!

The AS is really nice - I'm partial to Wild Country (prolly has to do with my having about a gallon of it on hand)...

where I grew up, Avon decanters were objets d'art - people bought 'em & displayed them... bless their hearts.

I don't know that anyone used the juice, though.

I decant the AS into less... umm... decorative containers.... Can't say I wouldn't go for the shaving brush or DE decanters, though....

Yes, I'm sure TG is correct - we're gonna see "collectors prices" for Avon stuff now! (I'll already pay collectors prices for the shaving soap!)

Well I managed to sell the two smaller pipes. Apparently there is a bit of interest in these old relics. I'm thinking of keeping what's left, unless someone shoots me an offer I can't refuse.

Avon was the same when I was a kid. I used to see bottles in people's houses like you see those Hummel statues now. I don't know if anybody was using them or not, but I think that the Avon lady was how most people bought stuff. Even so, I never knowingly smelled any Avon juice--my dad had AV, British Sterling and an ancient bottle of my grandfather's bay rum around. It could be that the cafeteria ladies were dousing themselves in it--I just thought that it was gravy.

Okay, you geniuses have done it now. I can see the topic heading; Beware Avon Fakes on Scambay. Followed up by horror stories of someone paying $100 for a vintage a/s decanter listed as Leather but actually filled with yesterday's Wild Country a/s splash. Gnashing of teeth ensues.

Regards, Todd

Lord help me, I just ordered a Viking Horn full of Spicy.

I might as well pour out the stuff and turn it into a crack pipe. :blushing:

Vintage...7 ounces...and every time I see it I'll think of Kirk Douglas with the bad eye...

proxy.php

There is an outdoor flea market nearby me that has tons of Vintage Avon bottles. The most unique one I saw was a totally filled bottle shaped like a giant hammer. It was about 10 inches high!! :w00t:

Was the claw hammer style or the judge's mallet?

Okay, you geniuses have done it now. I can see the topic heading; Beware Avon Fakes on Scambay. Followed up by horror stories of someone paying $100 for a vintage a/s decanter listed as Leather but actually filled with yesterday's Wild Country a/s splash. Gnashing of teeth ensues.

Regards, Todd

Too late. People have been selling them as NOS, but filled with water for a few years. I check each bottle before purchasing to insure that it is the real juice.

Lord help me, I just ordered a Viking Horn full of Spicy.

I might as well pour out the stuff and turn it into a crack pipe. :blushing:

If you love OS, you'll love Spicy:thumbup:.

Love and still wear Wild Country I have to stock back up I am almost out of the WC AS Balm.

Last edited:
Was the claw hammer style or the judge's mallet?

Pretty sure it was the claw hammer style.

I didn't think Avon aftershave was that prized, so I pretty much passed it by. I did buy a old style bottle of Wild Country though for $.25. It's currently filled with Barbasol Brisk AS.

The aftershave that was in the vintage bottle seemed to burn my face a bit.

Since the vendors of this particular flea market/ outdoor junk store are shall we politely say "a little rough around the edges", I didn't want to take any chances, so I poured the remainder down the drain (bottle was probably about 60% full. :crying::crying:)

proxy.php

What made me pull the trigger was the box...the guy on the third from the last oar is The Nid Hog...

I think that's Tlanning keeping the cadence... :a53:

Since the vendors of this particular flea market/ outdoor junk store are shall we politely say "a little rough around the edges", I didn't want to take any chances

:lol::lol::lol:

After using my vintage Wild Country for a second time yesterday, I think I may have to apologize for calling you crazy in regards to the Clubman/WC comparison. :blush:

proxy.php

What made me pull the trigger was the box...the guy on the third from the last oar is The Nid Hog...

I think that's Tlanning keeping the cadence... :a53:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom