What's new

I just snagged a Clog pruf and micromatic off the bay

I just snagged what looks to be a clog pruf and micromatic off the bay. I got these 2 for $20, including shipping. Its a gamble that they will clean up nice, and I see a few trouble spots, but at this price I think I will be happy if they just shave right :tongue_sm. These also happen to be my 1st and only razor acquisitions since my initial buy of 2 SE, and 2 DE razors almost 4 years ago. This purchase officially puts me into the rare "mostly SE camp" :001_cool:, but that probably wont last forever.

Do they look like keepers to y'all?
And on a related note, about how much does a razor replating go for these days? I hear there is someone on the boards that does that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Gem-Micro...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$$_57.jpg
$$_57.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't they all keepers!?! Seriously, try them out, if you like them, keep 'em. If not, put them on the BST.
I have been thinking about trying some SE's, right now all I have are a couple Schick injectors. Haven't really found anything that tickles my fancy...

As far as replating, I think there are a couple people here who do it, I'm sure others will chime in.

thanks... I have always loved the look of the micromatic, and I hope that it will eventually take the place of my 1912. gold has never really been my color and I see a lot of gold micro's for some reason, anyways... I am sure they are about to find a good home :001_rolle

Last edited:
They finally came in and cleaned up pretty well. The clog-pruf must have received some really heavy usage, as its head is pretty scuffed up. There are no dents or dings though and the TTO mechanism is smooth and firm. If I really like these I think I will get them replated.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
They are quality built razors that rival many that are much more expensive. I really like the OCMMs that I have; They are the original TTO razor.

Top Bottom