What's new

I found a presidential at an Oddities show this weekend.

I found a presidential at an Oddities show this weekend.I bought it at a very fair price. $20 all in, not sure if the case is original to the razor. How do I date the manufacture of a Presidential? Also bought a slim 62 second quarter in very good condition for a fiver. Its marked Y 3rd quarter. Thanks for any help

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

I found a presidential at an Oddities show this weekend.I bought it at a very fair price. $20 all in, not sure if the case is original to the razor. How do I date the manufacture of a Presidential? Also bought a slim 62 second quarter in very good condition for a fiver. Its marked Y 3rd quarter. Thanks for any help

View attachment 1845616View attachment 1845617View attachment 1845618View attachment 1845619View attachment 1845620View attachment 1845621View attachment 1845622View attachment 1845623
Here's one from just three months later
proxy.php

Great find and a great restoration project!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Yes, it's a President. Y3 is the same as my first '53.
The handles (rhodium plated) often have trouble with corrosion.
Correct case. You got a heck of a deal, nice score!
Clean it carefully, soapy warm water and a toothbrush, nothing foolish.

Yes, it's a President. Y3 is the same as my first '53.
The handles (rhodium plated) often have trouble with corrosion.
Correct case. You got a heck of a deal, nice score!
Clean it carefully, soapy warm water and a toothbrush, nothing foolish.
Yep, great score, congratulations! And take that advice for cleaning it. NO BOILING WATER, just warm water with Dawn dish soap, soak it a while then use a toothbrush to scrub it lightly. Resoak & toothbrush again. The President will deliver a magnificently smooth shave, enjoy!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I located a 1953 Y2 President in mint condition, but I finally decided to pass.... Would one of our sons enjoy it? I don't think so, so I'll stick with the Y2 SuperSpeed as my only birthyear/quarter razor at this point. I'm not a huge fan of TTO razors anyway, for some reason. I like the simplicity of 3 piece designs... even over the 2 piece designs as well.

Top Bottom