What's new

How's Bellroy's Wallet Quality.

I've got two Saddleback wallets, the I.D. wallet and the medium bi-fold. I love the I.D. wallet, but it's almost worthless for me when I use cash. I hate having to pull all my bills out and fumble through them. That's what prompted me to the the bi-fold. The bi-fold is more bulky than I'd like. I've been eyeing the Bellroy wallets and I was considering either the Note Sleeve or the Hide and Seek wallet as a compromise between the small size of the I.D. wallet and the bulk of the bi-fold.

The Saddleback wallets will last forever, but I'm not keen on paying $90 for a wallet that will only last five or six years before it wears out. So, how do the Bellroy's stack up to the Saddleback's quality wise?

I've have a bellroy travel wallet. I use it only when I travel for work. It is very functional and a good design, and, although the leather at first seemed very blah, it's aged to look very nice.

The quality, however, leaves much to be desired. I sent my first wallet back due to poor stitching that had the corner of one of the pockets peeling up. Their customer service was fantastic; they sent me a second wallet and told me to send back the original at my leisure. However, the second wallet had the same defect, only worse. So they sent me a THIRD wallet, which I have been using for nearly a year now.

Thanks for the input. I noticed that Bellroy has a no-return policy. They will exchange defective merchandise, but you can't return a wallet just because you don't like it. That's a deal breaker for me. Bellroy's off the list.

Thanks for the input. I noticed that Bellroy has a no-return policy. They will exchange defective merchandise, but you can't return a wallet just because you don't like it. That's a deal breaker for me. Bellroy's off the list.

If you buy it from Nordstrom you can probably return it. Order online and take it back to your local store if you don't like it.

Amazon sells Bellroy and has the usual fantastic amazon customer service. I just picked one up and the quality is quite good.

Top Bottom