What's new

How to ship small packages U.S. Postal Service- I think

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I've received small boxes from eBay sellers (5x3x2" size) with first-class labels printed at home.

I'm trying to do that for my Saint Sue Auction shipments, but the USPS site only lets me print labels for Priority Mail. Does anyone know how to print pre-paid First Class mail labels for small packages online?

My suspicion is that it cannot be done unless you have some sort of business account, because I am no tech dummy and I haven't been able to figure it out for 30 minutes. But before I capitulate to Pirority, I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Answering my own question, I think, I am correct, I cannot print one at the USPS site. I may be able to do it through PayPal, I am investigating that now, but if you've shipped razors and such first class, small packages, I'd still love to hear from you. Thanks!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve only done it with a stamps.com account. Which there for a while came in handy. It’s super convenient to take care of shipping at home, even buying and printing your own first class letter stamps. I think it started at like 8 bucks a month for me. Then after a couple years with them raising the prices it got to be around 15 bucks for me so I canceled it.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I want a free service. I THINK I found it in PayPal.

I linked my account to their shipping app. I then set up a label and printed it on my laser printer at 75% size so it would fit the 5x3x2 box. It looks like the label my eBay razor were shipped with (except Pitney Bowes on the other label). I checked my PayPal activity, and the charge was only $4.15, the same as the postage charge, so I don't see any fee for the service.

The only thing I worry about is I am shipping from a different zip code than my return address. I do not think that will matter, but I will find out on Monday and report back here if this is the solution.

If it is, no fees like Stamps.com! I will let everyone know!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
The box is 5x3x2". label printed at 75% size. If this works... :thumbup:

label.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The best prices I've experienced is with PirateShip. Their ups rates are the best. USPS is good too. Best interface and billing process. No monthly fees. First class mail has a weight limit. PayPal shipping works okay too. Just too cumbersome to use all the time. Stamps.com is a rip off unless you are shipping at least 15 packages a month, and integrate it with your business software.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Reckon I’ll try it with the 8 packages I gotta send next week. Thanks for the info!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Hey, I got a label at cost, no extra charge, from PayPal, but let's see if it works on Monday first! Again, my zip is different from zip I'm shipping from, I want to make sure this works before endorsing it. But I'm hopeful! It's half the price of one-rate boxes.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It will work I’m Sure. You got a label you paid for. Worst case they refund you and print you a new label with correct zip code. still no cost to you

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
It will work I’m Sure. You got a label you paid for. Worst case they refund you and print you a new label with correct zip code. still no cost to you
Yeah, I ship from a different zip code than my mailing address all the time. For USPS, as long as its in the same rate zone you are good to go.

If someone pays via PayPal g&s you get to print a discounted label from home. Otherwise you have to have an account as mentioned above. I don’t, so I go to the self service kiosk at the post office. You can send first class packages from there.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
No special PayPal account needed. I have a regular account and there was no exchange between me and the member, I just printed the label. At cost, no extra charge. If you have a regular PayPal account you have a free USPS First Class label solution already.

No special PayPal account needed. I have a regular account and there was no exchange between me and the member, I just printed the label. At cost, no extra charge. If you have a regular PayPal account you have a free USPS First Class label solution already.
Yep, I've shipped First Class with my PayPal account for years. Glad you discovered it.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Final: worked great, even at 75% size. They said don’t go any smaller though. PayPal, free First Class shipping labels for the win!

Top Bottom