What's new

How to mute the tip point on a Spanish design?

Hi fellows
I just want to mute the Spanish point without affecting Hone and Shave-readiness
What would be your suggestion?

242B3A62-33F4-4383-877B-741BA7C85C0D.jpeg

tape down some 400 grit sandpaper to a lapping surface such as a flat tile or glass. Holding the blade, draw it back with that corner against the sandpaper. 400 will move it slowly so you can judge for yourself when you are done. If you really want you could jump up in grit from there to polish it back up a bit.

You can mute but running along side a medium coarseness stone, but you will likely need to hone it. Anything you do to the edge will leave it rough and it might scratch your strop or face.

You can mute but running along side a medium coarseness stone, but you will likely need to hone it. Anything you do to the edge will leave it rough and it might scratch your strop or face.
Yes, you are right, that is what I am worried about,
Seems I will have to hone if I mute and curve the point a very tiny bit.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@Brains I think you should leave it as is and develop your SR shaving skills so that you can comfortably shave with it. That's what I did with my Gold Dollar W59s, custom Colling and Spanish point Bengall. I now very much enjoy shaving with my pointy and sharp Spanish points.

IMG_20211223_165339.jpg

IMG_20220419_122825.jpg

IMG_20230405_100936.jpg

This is not for everyone. It takes courage to start and practice to master.

@Brains I think you should leave it as is and develop your SR shaving skills so that you can comfortably shave with it. That's what I did with my Gold Dollar W59s, custom Colling and Spanish point Bengall. I now very much enjoy shaving with my pointy and sharp Spanish points.

This is not for everyone. It takes courage to start and practice to master.
OMG, The Gold Dollar looks so nice and so dangerous
Love it

Top Bottom