What's new

how to fix nicks?

a couple of my blades have nicks in them and i was wondering the best way to get them out.(probly why i got em so cheap) they are nice razors and id like to clean them up so any suggestions would be great.(supplys,technique,)
thanks for any info.

I would guess that on most blades it would just be easier to throw them out. I know I paid abour $0.10 per balde so I'd much rather trash it than mess with 'making it right'.

Now if you are talking staights I guess it's a whole different story.

Are you using a DE or a Straight? If you have a DE, throw them out and buy better blades. If you have a straight, I'm sure there are people around here that can assist you with the honing and stropping.

Yep, if they are DE blades, just toss 'em. Trying to bang a nick out of a blade that thin and maintain the surface would be nearly impossible.

If it's a straight they are some repair services offered by www.classicshaving.com and I'm sure others.

sorry. i meant for nicks in my straight razors. of course i would not try to get them out of a disposable. so thanks for any info.

slick said:
sorry. i meant for nicks in my straight razors. of course i would not try to get them out of a disposable. so thanks for any info.

Can you post any pics of the blade? Small nicks may be honed out with a Norton 220/1000. Large nicks may require a re-grind of the blade.

Randy

Top Bottom