What's new

How many shave brushes do you own?

I have 4.

Boar: Semogue 620 & Omega Professional
Badger: Whipped Dog 24 mm
Synthetic: Plisson

I just got the Plisson, so I have only used it a couple of times, but I think it is my favorite brush thus far.

One Omega Boar.... I was feeling guilty about buying a second brush to try badger out but from reading the numbers in the replies I shouldn't be 😱

Currently 20. Two are modern Boar Brushes. The other 18 are vintage handles, personally-restored, and reknotted with Finest or Silvertip Badger. All 20 brushes are in an active rotation. Every day, I use a different brush. Each one has its own personality, and like children, I love them all! :thumbup1:

5--3 badger of varying grade and 2 boar. I'm going to expand though and buy a horsehair and a synthetic, just to try them out.

I only have 5.
Semogue: 610, 1800.
Omega: 11037, 49, S-brush
In the future..
Maybe I will pick Semogue 1305.

At first, Omega 10066 is also on my wish list,
but I guess 10066 and 11137 have the same knot.
They only differ in the handle.
I often wonder why Omega tends to produce large-sized boars.

3: Omega S brush, L'Occitane Plisson( first gen) and a 1963 brush that belonged to my granddad.. needs a new knot.

One. An Omega 10083 Pro. This has been my daily driver since I bought it and continues to be great. I am considering a synthetic as a second and I am leaning towards the S-Brush, not sure if the synthetic version of what I have or one of the smaller brushes.

The majority of my brushes are chinese made though I also have a couple of Simpsons, a Kent, a Saville Row, a Shavemac, 4 whipped Dog several boar, and about 4 horesehair. Just got into synthetics and really enjoy these more than natural fibers.

Two. A WhippedDog Silvertip and a Vie-Long Horse. Hate the horse though. No matter how hard I try to avoid tangles it seems inevitable that one always forms eventually. It doesn't lather all that great using the paint brush method and I still get tangles. So it mostly just sits on the sink for looks.

Just two at the moment. A Semogue 1305 and a Parker best badger. I'm tempted to try one of the WD silvertips but I'll have to sneak it in as my wife already thinks I'm crazy owning two brushes.

Four:
AoS Pure badger from trial kit - not in use
Simpson Case Best badger for travel - although I liked it so much when traveling I may use it as part of regular rotation
Truefitt & Hill Wellington Super badger
Savile Row 3824 Silvertip

But I keep reading about Thaters and I think a two-band is calling to me! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom