What's new

How many shave brushes do you own?

1) a pure badger (part of the kit that got me into wet shaving, "german manufacture") 2) a vie-long horsehair 50-50 mane/tail (i'm loving it) and 3) a vintage boar, a gift from my sister-in-law along with a Gillette super speed

Last edited:
11. SOC boar, 2012 SOC SE, Simpson's Jubilee, Da Vinci 293, Rooney Stubby 1XL, Rooney Stubby 2XL, Savile Row 3824, Muhle synthetic (v2), restored Rubberset w/TGN finest, 2009 B&B LE, and an AoS mini brush that I haven't used in almost a year, but my son likes it so I can't get rid of it.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Twenty three badgers and two boars (1 Semogue, 1 NF, 2 Thaeters, 2 Rooneys, 1 M&F, 3 Simpson, 2 Shavemac, 5 RV with Shavemac knots, one Fuller with TGN, the rest is all RV made brushes with a variety of knots I am testing, like WSP, Whipped dog and some from suppliers in China).....plus three travel brushes...nit sure if this is normal. Both my father and grandfather only used one, boars, and when it was time to get a new one, it was just replaced.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Twenty three badgers and two boars (1 Semogue, 1 NF, 2 Thaeters, 2 Rooneys, 1 M&F, 3 Simpson, 2 Shavemac, 5 RV with Shavemac knots, one Fuller with TGN, the rest is all RV made brushes with a variety of knots I am testing, like WSP, Whipped dog and some from suppliers in China).....plus three travel brushes...nit sure if this is normal. Both my father and grandfather only used one, boars, and when it was time to get a new one, it was just replaced.

Actually sounds both practical and conservative to me for a guy who makes brushes.

74 responses and only 3 with pictures?

You are right Adam, this is a travesty! Here are pics of mine:

$DSCN5402.jpg

$DSCN5408.jpg$DSCN5407.jpg$DSCN5405.jpg

Ben

The blue and white handled one looks great. What kind is it? What is the knot size and loft? Nice looking brushes. Thanks for showing them to us.
Sorry, this was a reply to 'DukeNDuke'. I should have included his original post? Sorry for the mess ;-(

Take care,

Kenny

Last edited:
5: 1 x Simpson, 3 x Frank Shaving, 1 x Omega Synthetic
+1 on the more pictures please, if you own more than 10 it should be compulsory :drool:

Top Bottom