What's new

How many razors do you own?

I must be one of the only members of this forum that does not suffer from any form of AD. My only razor is a DOVO Shavette and I also own only 1 brush. When my blades run out and I buy a fixed-blade straight, I will probably eventually get 2, but not more than that. I like to buy only what I need to get a great shave, then use the money for other things
nope. not the only one.. i own 1 straight (shumate 4/8) and 1 safety (gilette tech ball end) 1 brush and 1 soap. i change soap when i need to or when the one i bought is inconsistent/fail.

After the auction, one more than I had this morning. It's a bit ridiculous since I'm still learning to shave.

1) EJ DE89LBL - 1st razor and I was faithful for 30 shaves
2) Weber PH Bulldog - learning to use it now and getting good shaves. About the right step up.
3) Gillette Slim (I-4 birth year) - haven't shaved with it yet but will incrementally learn to deal with aggression
4) 2011 Muhle R41 - gulp!

This looks a lot like an AD to me!

The boys:

c1920's Gillette Old Type

c1930 Gillette NEW

c1930's Gillette Goodwill

1912 GEM Junior Fat Bakelite handle

1954 Z1 Gillette Super speed

1956 B3 Flare tip Super speed

1956 B4 Gillette Ball end Tech

1961 G1 Gillette 195 Adjustable (FatBoy)

1965 K2 Gillette Travel Tech

1965 K2 Flare tip Super speed

1965 Schick Krona

1968 N1 Gillette Knack

2014 Parker 26c

"Hello, my name is __, and I'm a razor nut."

I own 34 Gillette DE safety razors, 30 Gem SE safety razors, and about 50 straight razors, both antique and modern...

9 Modern Double Edge
16 Vintage Gillette Double Edge
36 Vintage Single Edge
5 Schick Injector
-----------------
66 Total

Two more on the way.

And counting.

--Bob

Feather AC RG fixed, SS fixed
Gillette Aristocrat #15, #16, #21, #22, Junior
Gillette New, Tech (both English)
Weber PH, UFO Kaiser Handle
Bic 1 Sensitive, Gillette Sensor & Mach3

2 shavettes, 8 DEs and 3 disposables. Sold off quite a bit and will continue to move bits on - although the Mongoose is on the incoming list.

i currently have 19 razors, i use them all but come back to these more often than the others:

1934 Gillette Aristocrat OC, 1957 Gillette Fatboy, 1946 Gillette Aristocrat, Gem G bar, & EverReady 1924 model shovelhead

5 tonight. Tomorrow I hope I'll be at 6...or actually back at 5 if one sells. I guess it's like quantum mechanics. There is only a probability of how many razors I own.

Top Bottom