What's new

How many colonges do YOU have?

The first few times I wore it, I was ambivalent. It seemed like a dense Passage d'Enfer. Took a few wearings to actually smell it and when I finally did, I found I like it a whole lot. It starts with frankincense and something jam like. Perhaps the rose? Regardless, it is not a rose scent, it is an incense scent. And unmistakably an Andy Tauer. Definitely one for nighttime, or the coldest, hoariest days winter can throw at you.

I'm a victim of trying to match a cologne with both a soap/cream and a balm.
I've tried to match them all, but I've failed. currently, my addiction includes:
Pinaud - Lilac Vegetal, Clubman, Classic Bay Rum
Dominica Bay Rum
Cool Water
Dunhill
Royall - Lime, Mandarin, Bay Rum
Old Vice, er, Old Spice
C&F Sandalwood

Forgive me, Friends, for I have sinned. ASB/AS/SSAD have me in their grasp!

I love that stuff. My future ex- wife, however, hated it with a passion. So I had to get rid of it. :frown:
I have never had a single compliment from the Wing Commander or anyone else whilst wearing #88. I wear it for me and what it says about me. Dark, moody and brooding. When I'm gone I guess people will apreciate the scent.

If I wanted the C.O to like my smell I would wear Issey . . . but I smell the way I want to smell. For me. As I'm in my own company for the best part of the day.

I have never had a single compliment from the Wing Commander or anyone else whilst wearing #88. I wear it for me and what it says about me. Dark, moody and brooding. When I'm gone I guess people will apreciate the scent.

If I wanted the C.O to like my smell I would wear Issey . . . but I smell the way I want to smell. For me. As I'm in my own company for the best part of the day.

Yeah, I hear you. I'm pretty much the same way. My wife only likes 1 or 2 of the scents I wear -- she hates the rest. But something about #88 inspired an absolute zeal of hatred in her above & beyond any of the other scents I own. It was just easier on both of us for me to get rid of it. One has to pick & choose one's battles after all. :wink:

OTOH, I still have my decant. :biggrin:

But something about #88 inspired an absolute zeal of hatred in her above & beyond any of the other scents I own.

Good for her! :wink: I find it way too skanky; just foul. I know it gets props, but I can't stand it.

Last edited:
Like many on here, both too many and not enough at the same time. Let's see........the current line-up (no samples or decants) -

Zirh
Azzaro Pure Cedrat
Grey Flannel
Trumpers Ajjacio Violets
Trumpers Eau de Quinine
TOBS St James
T&H Grafton
Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
Pinaud Bay Rum
Pecksniffs English Fern
Pecksniffs Spicy Oriental
Pecksniffs Woody Oriental
Marc Jacobs Fig
Avon Musk
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad
Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Limes
Tabac EDT
Richard James Richard James
Richard James Lavender
Guerlain Homme
Nicole Farhi Homme
Bulgari Black
Iceberg Twice
Bronnley English Fern
Boots Eau de Cologne
Dupont Noir
Ungaro 3
Body Shop Arber
Body Shop White Musk
Very Valentino

Still want a couple of Creeds, some L'Occitanes, most of the Aqua di Parma line and the very few Floris and Penhaligons frags I don't find massively over-rated.

I think my favourite lines overall are Bulgari (not whiffed a bad one yet, and I've had nearly all of them), Hugo Boss, Richard James and Body Shop, the latter representing some of the best bang for buck in the frag business if you ask me.

Fragrance is the only shaving related AD I've got and, unfortunately, it also happens to be on the more expensive side of shaving ADs. Luckily, even though the boss does have some outright hatred for some of the items (Tabac, Avon Musk, Eau de Quinine and especially Bay Rum - she thinks I smell like an alcoholic tramp when I splash that one on in the summer), as long as I like them I'm allowed to wear them, which is good.

Last edited:
Trumper Ajaccio Violets
Trumper Wellington
Trumper Spanish Leather
Trumper Marlborough
Trumper Wild Fern
Hermes Terre de Hermes
TOBS Sandalwood
Diptyque Tam Dao
C&S #88
Creed Vintage Tabarome (decant from group split)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (decant)
Penhaligon's Douro
Penhaligon's Opus 1870
AdP Colonia Intensa
Atkinsons Lavender
Aqua Lavanda Puig
Floris Santal
Harris Arlington
Tabac
Old Spice
Skin Bracer

Aftershaves that can serve as colognes:
Pashana
Brut
Spanish Floid
Alt Innsbruck
L'Occitane Cade

Last edited:
My meagre 'holdings' are:

Trumper's Sandalwood
Trumper's Spanish Leather
C&E Sienna
Tabac
Aveda for Men
Sylvestre Pino
Penhaligon's Castile (decant)

wish list:
L'Occitane vetiver
Tom Ford Tobacco & Vanilla
Knize Ten
Tam Dao

Barry

Ralph Lauren Safari
Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black
John Varvatos Vintage

My current favourite is the John Varvatos Vintage, which is very similar to the discontinued Calvin Klien Truth. I find Safari and Double Black can be very cloying in summer months and are much more suited to winter. The Vintage is a much lighter scent that goes well for any occasion.

Cartier Declaration
Armani
Tommy

Speick AS
Musgo AS
Tabac AS

I would love to add a few C&S, T&H, Penhaligons BB or SMN sometime soon.

Man I thought I had a lot until I got on this thread. I actually got lucky a number of years ago, I had a girlfriend work the men's fragrance counter at a dept. store. Yes I met her while she was at work. We dated for a few years and I cannot count how many testers found their way to my cabinet. After the mutual breakup she would still get me a tester from time to time. I had the whole Aramis, Ralph lauren, Calvin Klein, and Tommy Hilfiger lines. Alas I slowly sold 99% of my collection on Ebay to make way for just my favorites.
FAVORITES:
Creed Silver Mountain Water
Creed Green Irish Tweed
T&H Spanish Leather
Caswell & Massey No. 6
Polo Blue
Musgo Real Aftershave

Always looking for my next favorite scent.

Floris #89,
Floris Santal,
Floris Lavender,
Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet,
Penhaligon Endymion,
Penhaligon Opus 1870,
Penhaligon English Fern,
Penhaligon Quercus,
SCS Smoke and Beads,
SCS Oakmoss and Lavandula,
SCS Lavender,
SCS Very V,
SCS Embrace,
SCS Bay Rum with a Twist,
SCS New Spice,
SCS Dagger,
SCS Parma Violet,
SCS Savory Rose,
Royall Lyme,
Royall Mandarin Orange,
Royall Vetiver,
Hugo Boss,
Murray and Lanman Florida Water,
C-M No. 6,
Tabac,
GB Bowling Greene,
GB Grey Flannel,
Dunhill,
Provence Sante Verlaine,
C&E Nomad,
C&E West Indies Lime,
Pino Silvestre,
B&B Exclusive,
Shulton's Old Spice

I maybe over this disorder but the AS is really kicking-in something fierce!

C&E Nomad
Caswell Newport
Speick
Provence Sante Green Tea

AND

Knize Ten!!!!! I was finally able to track down a full bottle.

This does not include a couple of gallons of various aftershaves I have in my collection.

Top Bottom