What's new

Hot Shaving Towel Nirvana

This sounds like a fun thing to try myself. Later today.
I think I need to put a microwave and a recliner in my bathroom.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I don't know what's wrong with your hot water at all your houses, but I don't want to put my towel on my face when it is soaking in hot tap water. It's too hot. I'm glad you all like all the fuss, and I'm even more glad I don't need to. :001_tt2:

I've done the wet towel soak in winter months when my skin is dryer. Usually I don't have time for that extra step, but when I do it's well worth it. I use the hot-pot method and let the towel cool a bit. The only thing that would improve the experience would be a bathroom recliner to really enjoy the few minutes of soaking my face. :)

In summer heat and humidity, face hydration is not the problem that I face.

I don't know what's wrong with your hot water at all your houses
It runs cold for several many seconds until the cold water is flushed from the pipes. Wastes water and energy. If I need hot water again 5 minutes later the pipes have cooled, so I'd have to repeat the process. Old house and no insulation on that pipework is to blame.

My tap water will scald you. I use a thin cotton barber towel with a green stripe. A light squeeze to get out the excess water and apply to my face. The best part is at the end of the shave and I have toweled off the excess cream remnants...I will wave the towel back and forth to cool it and apply it to my face to close the pores. It's just not a shave without it.

Same for me. I keep my water heater turned up pretty high and I soak those very same towels in hot water in my sink. The towels are too hot to apply directly to my face right after I wring them out.

That sounds really nice.

I was feeling poorly last night after a long weekend. I'm thinking it was a sore neck and a sinus headache, one that double espressos and pour over coffees did nothing to help. After finishing up some yardwork, I retired to the bathroom and treated myself to a nice shower and a shave. I'm thinking that if I had worked in a hot towel that it would have helped even more.

It's amazing to think how far I've come in the month I've been wet shaving from being a chore to be dreaded to being a way to treat yourself.

I ended up using a neti pot after the shave to try and relieve the sinus headache, and I believe it helped somewhat.

I do think of shaving as something pleasurable to look forward to, but I have learned that hot water is not good for my skin. It's really to bad, because I enjoyed using really hot water, and even the occasional hot towel.

Top Bottom